Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something weird just happend.. My thrustmaster gamepad hasn't rumbled in like a month... I tried everthing posible.. reinstalling it, changing configs, emailing thrustmaster, nothing worked.. It just wouldn't rumble.. In epsxe or any of my pc games..

Then last night, I started getting this weird error window.. "beta direct draw ended, Please upgrade" I assumed it was because I was using the beta directx 8.1 In every emu I ran that message kept popping up.. Really annoying.. Then I uninstalled directx 8.1 and reinstalled directx 8a.. My emus and pc games ran slower.. So I reinstalled directx 8.1 again.. Same message pops up again.. Weird..

Finally I just searced around the net for a new version of the beta directx 8.1 I found the newest beta and installed it.. directx 8.1 build 638 or something.. The message has disappeared.. I started testing all my emus and lo and behold everthing ran good again.. Then i decided to test my controllers and to my suprise, mY thrustmaster gamepad rumbled again..

I have missed the rumble effects in epsxe.. Now it rumbles great again.. Must of been a directx beta bug.. Microsoft must of put time limits on the directx beta drivers..

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
can you post the link for that beta files? And, at least, someone is happy with his computer. I can't stand mine anymore...:mad:

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Uh? Isn't it on a obscure part of the microsoft site? Ah, it is part of the XP that was ripped of! The aliens are going to take over the world! *Slap*, oops, woke up... :)

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
After some testing it appears that the rumble effects are working in FF9 too.. But MGS still doesn't rumble.. weird how some games work and others don't.. FF9 rumbles when I summon monsters and the whole scene plays not the shortened versions of the summnons.. Another strange thing is that using savestates causes the rumble to not work for the rest of the game until I load a memcard save.. then the rumble works again.. Another savestate bug found? There is also lot of rumbling in some of the mdecs..

It seems my savestate theory about the rumble is wrong.. This time I played FF9 without using savestates.. The rumble worked good for a while and then suddenly stopped working... weird.. After restarting with my last save, it worked again..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts