Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my recent travels through the realm of DS emulation, I've stumbled upon three different Zooming applications, recommended for one reason or another. The first one I really started using was MyZoom (mostly because of its variable zooming levels). I recently found out, however, that if I use NGZoom, I can play The World Ends With You. It's a nice zoom application, but it has its bugs... (For example, try maximizing the window, and the bottom screen disappears...) And, for whatever reason I can't even remember, I also have a program called NO$Zoomer on my computer, though I have yet to use it.

So, my big question: Between NO$Zoomer, NGZoom, and MyZoom, which one is the most recommended on the boards? What are the pros/cons of each? Which one is flat out the best, because I don't want to mess with three different zoom applications if I only need one.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
No$Zoomer, hands down, without a doubt.

there is no challenger at this time.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
NO$Zoomer has most of the fixes that NGZoom has, the World Ends with you still gets graphical glitches now and then with it, but it's perfectly playable. Out of all the zooming apps it also seems to have the lowest overhead resource use for zooming and there's a few other little nifty features which NGZoom may or may not have.

A major con for NGZoom is that it does not run on 64bit systems at all.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's a nice zoom application, but it has its bugs...
Oh dear, don't say that, poor little mudlord will go crazy and actually think someone cares when he does.

And yes, No$Zoomer, easily. I was shocked at the number of options and how optimized the thing is since I can use filters with no slowdown at all. Really impressive piece of work.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
are you looking for a fight Ignis, because my side has the moderators.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Ignis, the last thing you want to do is atagonise a mod...mudlord is one just like me.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
^_^ well all need to just chillax.

Sorry about that comment Ignis, i was just being a smart alec more then really meaning anything.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
No it isn't

don't post complete crap newbie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.