Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
!
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An anonymous user posted details of the accounts on October 1 at pastebin.com, a site commonly used by developers to share code snippets. The details have since been removed but Neowin has seen part of the list posted and can confirm the accounts are genuine and most appear to be based in Europe. The list details over 10,000 accounts starting from A through to B, suggesting there could be additional lists. Currently it appears only accounts used to access Microsoft's Windows Live Hotmail have been posted, this includes @hotmail.com, @msn.com and @live.com accounts.
Source

oO

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Read about it, MS even confirmed it. I think I should give my GF a headsup about this. Other rumors say it was a few GB in plain text. I don't know much, but I do know that that's more than "several thousands" of addresses.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
its a database of phished accounts, they aren't leaked, or cracked or hacked.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I find this oddly funny.

Stupid people shouldn't be allowed within 3 feet of a computer. Period.
How would you expect politicians to function without their computers?

:evil: :innocent:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
How would you expect politicians to function without their computers?

:evil: :innocent:
They malfunction regardless of the absence of a computer. ;)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I dont see the big deal, this is more about how dumb are users than how good the security of the email accounts... technically this means the accounts aren't hacked but all the news sites that say the same info say it was hacked in their headings

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,401 Posts
Ah Hotmail. I don't login for a month or so and it goes off deleting all my mails. Like W... T... F?!?!

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
I'm so glad I'm smart and security conscious, I would never give my password away to any phishing sites, in fact I have all my important sites bookmarked so I can ensure I am visiting a valid url.

I've had my steam and Msn account for about five years now and neither have been phished or hacked into. I never fall for that "see who has blocked you on messenger" crap since I usually don't give two hoots about Im'ing anyway nor do I give away my login information to anyone.

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,401 Posts
Yahoo fanboy? :p
I didn't login into my .rm account for some time and it suspended my account. Fine. I wanted to reactivate it, and it won't allow me, because they no longer can reactivate rocketmail accounts. Okay. Can't they at least make a new account with the same name and just let me use that? What the fudge is going on with all this red tape?

GMail FTW. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.