Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What language do you think in? english or some other language

I think in both chinese and english depending on my mood

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
English, as it's the only language I speak fluently. :p Really, I think all people think in the same "language." I mean if someone thinks of a cup. No matter what language you speak, you're still thinking of a cup. You just associate a different word with it. I don't know about other people, but when I think, I usually do it with images, not words.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think in english and korean. Depends on what I'm thinking about really. Certain choice phrases don't translate well if at all. My 7th grade spanish teacher told us once that you'll know you're fluent in that language if you can think in it.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Err... I think in well depending on the situation Russian, Portuguese and English.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Of course in Polish, my main language, but also in English and sometime in German (we'll se how it's gonna be when I start to learn Japanese ;) )

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Mainly portuguese (my native language). But many times I've to think in english, because things don't translate so well. Specially when I'm thinking about science (a lot of the time :p ). Translating technical terms is very boring, and can be very confusing).

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Mostly french, but sometimes english, esp. when I must think in advance of what I should write in a mail (etc) before I remember I must write in french ^^
I guess it's become an habit cause of the time I spend online :s

Also, things such as "What the fuçk ...?" don't have an equivalent in my language :-(

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
1337 ;) (j/k)

Naw, my langauge skills suck. Then again northern Ireland has so many "local words" that you'd nearly think it was another language.

eg//

Right? What's the craic mate. = Hello. How are you? Everything is all right with me. Anything new to discuss?

Damn I'm banjaxed. = I'm tired or I'm drunk

Can I rogue a poke from ya. Me bake is dry. = Can I buy an ice-cream cone as I am thirsty.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
At this moment all my thoughts are in english since I'm on emuforums. Though I have to switch back to Dutch since I'm also chatting with a Dutch speaking girl, or I can ask her to speak english :p

Sometimes I'm reading things like instruction manuals and when I'm done reading, I notice that there's also a dutch part included :heh:

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
As translations usually sucks big time, it's better to read the english part of them :p

It depends on the environment. Usually i think in Spanish, but when i'm browsing or chatting in english, i use to think in english. I think in the one that fits better the situation.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Chinese and English...
I think it depends on what you are thinking about. I think you'll think in the language you first learned the think you are thinking about in (am I making sense? oO). My parents do math in Burmese.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
mainly in spanish, but when im in a bad mood in english(dont know why ). :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
My brain's language is binary. Same as everyone elses.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.