Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, I didn't know :(
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
15,879 Posts
It seems like a typical win98 error as well.....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
177 Posts
Times like this you wonder and hope with all the money Bush's rediculous home land security policy dishes out promotes the usage of Linux or something other than Windows for anything public. :lol:
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
15,879 Posts
Radix865 said:
Bwah ha ha haa!!! I hope something crashes and microsoft gets the fault...
So you're wishing some ppl dead and put their whole family in misery just to sue microsoft.... that's cruel oO
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cid Highwind said:
So you're wishing some ppl dead and put their whole family in misery just to sue microsoft.... that's cruel oO
I'm sure you realise who you are talking to, right? :lol:
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
15,879 Posts
Radix865, why? :rolleyes:
 

·
Old Man
Joined
·
286 Posts
This whole hate microsoft love linux thing really sickens me sometimes. If they were using Linux and the machine crashed, you probably wouldn't have seen anything except a frozen screen that doesn't seem to update. The fact of the matter is Linux, even as far as Unix, crashes as well. It boils down to what will do what you need cheaper. From my experiences, Windows NT based OSes (2000, etc) are usually just as stable as Linux, Unix, etc. Take this from someone who is a Linux advocate.

(btw, that's most likely a bsod from NT 3.5 or 4.0, outdated technology as it is)
 

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
Ya... some people just bash MS for no reason and they use Windows, Words, and many other MS stuff:???: Why not go Linux if you hate MS so much.
And Linux seems to crash for me a lot when I tried it :p It froze when I opened a few programs at once and when I changed some settings it couldn't start the GUI anymore :(
 

·
I'm in despair!
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
mikeshoup said:
(btw, that's most likely a bsod from NT 3.5 or 4.0, outdated technology as it is)
Most likely Win9x, actually. Don't know about 3.5, but NT4 BSODs look different from that image.

[]s Badaro
 

·
Canadian Spaceman
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Hooray for bandwagons!

Still amusing :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,223 Posts
funny thing... i was at a staples business depot store a couple days ago, i was walking through the electronics section and noticed a bunch of laptops on the wall, bout half of em had blue screens
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
177 Posts
honestly linux crashes too like shoup said, but most folk just dont use it to the extent that it can be used therefore not knowing about the crashes.
 

·
Old Man
Joined
·
286 Posts
The reason Linux probably crashes a lot for people is not having systems that are stable in the first place. Linux (beleive it or not) uses way more processor resources than Windows. If you have an overclocked system that's not stabily overclocked, or bad memory, or something that windows isn't picky about, Linux will crash. Linux, unlike Windows, is only stable if the hardware its run on is completely stable.

And the comment about people not using Linux to the extent to cause it to crash is really not true. Linux will crash if you don't use it often, or keep it idling alot (I had a home gateway that kept crashing becuase of a faulty IPtables version). The fact of the matter, no OS is the be all, end all super stable OS. BSD however comes close :p

And of course, driver immaturity for some modern hardware (IE: how nForce used to be on Linux) can cause lots of crashes.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
177 Posts
mikeshoup said:
The reason Linux probably crashes a lot for people is not having systems that are stable in the first place. Linux (beleive it or not) uses way more processor resources than Windows. If you have an overclocked system that's not stabily overclocked, or bad memory, or something that windows isn't picky about, Linux will crash. Linux, unlike Windows, is only stable if the hardware its run on is completely stable.

And the comment about people not using Linux to the extent to cause it to crash is really not true. Linux will crash if you don't use it often, or keep it idling alot (I had a home gateway that kept crashing becuase of a faulty IPtables version). The fact of the matter, no OS is the be all, end all super stable OS. BSD however comes close :p

And of course, driver immaturity for some modern hardware (IE: how nForce used to be on Linux) can cause lots of crashes.
True, If i recall i have a friend who for some reason used to own a Red Hat system with over 1gig of ram...what for? i dont know..he wasnt using it for a server, just basicaly common linux usage. anyway I heard of Linux crashing via idle times but I thought they fixed that ex. Fedora etc.. course i havent used the new core maybe you have? does it still lock up on idle? my machine never over heats and is not overclocked..well the one that uses linux isnt.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top