Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
play old arcade games ie mame like games, + sega megadrive,master system nes so on games in your web browser even add them to your own site for a fee
message me for details.

to the host of this site this is not illegal. the java emulator for web sites is made and owned by potaomulti, plus the roms used is a backup of there own games 2000+......law states if you own a games you are aloud to make one backup of that game.;)

· Emulation to the max!
2,624 Posts
Um i don'T think you quite understand the laws then. The 1 backup is for yourself and your not allowed to sell the backup and my keep the reminents of the old disk.

· Transcended
1,421 Posts
It doesn't fall in the lending exemption either, since only one person is allowed to use the software at any given time per discrete copy.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i am not selling the games.yes that would be illegal. the emulator is made and owned. once the emulator is installed on your web server it is linked to the one copy of the backup i own and who ever as it on there site, it must be for free not to make money off or it will be removed.

· Heretic
2,771 Posts
I don't think you understand, when you connect to the server it sends the game data to you which is the same as making a copy. When you use internet explorer you aren't looking at the internet through a window, as the common misconception goes. Everything you see has been downloaded and copied to your computer, as are those games.

It is 'illagel'.

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Isn't posting "sales" crap here illegal, let alone doing that with data under copyright? :cuss2: I'll be suprized if this loser isn't banned but I'd guess he just came to post once and vanish...
:hdbash:

· Registered
774 Posts
Hey, how much you wanna bet that if I send your site to Sega or Nintendo that you get served with a cease and desist order? Of course, if it's really legal you have nothing to worry about, right? ;)

· Registered
10,973 Posts
I am going to go out on a limb here and say you're full of it, because you are using Nintendo ROMs and Nintendo would never liscense the games to be used in such a manner, nor would Sega, they have the Revolution to support such ideas...
You're trying to post an idea/business that is illegal and you've been kindy told you're violating International Copyright laws and breaking the forum guidelines...
Are you stupid, clueless, or just think you can get away with this crap?
I'd love to see someone report this site to Nintendo and the IDSA, they'd have a cease and decist order on them in no time flat...

· Coffee Demon
2,916 Posts
What...you think your Gametap? Nice try..your still sending copyright data. The difference between you and download sites like Gametap is that they have licensing deals established..so they are legal and you are not..

see here http://www.gametap.com/home/about/press_releases/101705_pub.html

So your site is illegal..or as you would say illagel. That and you have violated NGEmu's rules on spamming. See ya and have a nice day ;)

· Registered
144 Posts
Dumbass, the legality and illegality issues surrounding games regards copyright laws. Ergo, whatever the copyright owner says is the law. If company X says you're not allowed to store a backup copy of a game, then that's what the law upholds.

Your plan violates the terms set by all the video game companies I have ever seen, therefore it's illegal. You have about as much ground as having a disclaimer on your site saying that all roms must be deleted within twenty four hours.

· Registered
211 Posts
hmmm...

I feel kinda sorry for people like that you know... Do they really think they are that clever? This is not "illagel"? Well from your explanation it shows that it is unless you yourself don't understand what you are doing. When you own a game you can make back ups yes but selling them is a whole different story, unless of course you made the game.

· Registered
7 Posts
now u making me laf

bet half you ****ers was the first ones to click the link and have a go before the link was removed.ok chaps here it is one more time.
what u pissed off cause u dont have the emulator. like i said check it out

*snip snip*
:eyemove:

now have a nice play

correction : I AM A SPAMMING MORON AND I CANT HELP BUT ACT THIS WAY! OMG LOL WTF LOLZ!!!111!!!111!!111eleven

· Heretic
2,771 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but we aren't short on roms. And I've taken the liberty of reporting your website to Nintendo. Usually I wouldn't, but you're obviously a stuck-up git.

Who's 'laffing' now?

Also for the record you can only back-up your games with the intention of prolonging the life and usefulness of your purchased license.

· <font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,456 Posts
Right. Time to close this thread~.

Yours,
-E

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.