Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing i am very tired of seeing around forums, YT and such is people fighting over which console is the better one. Seriously, why the hell would i CARE if some guy whom i have never met says "PS3/360/ Wii PWNS!!/SUCKS!!/IS BETTER!!1" etc. Why do people find the need to defend a certain console no matter what? It's not my freaking business what people spend their money on, and neither is it any of their business. I like all 3 of them. I have all 3 of them, and i use all 3 of them. They all have quality games. I bought all 3 because there were games for each specific concole that i wanted, and also to provide entertainment to friends and family. Besides, how is it going to affect some random guy that i like a certain console better? Why would he disagree with me? Has he ever heard of such a thing as an opinion? As you all know, opinions are like a$$holes. They are split/everybody has one. Those people has a right to an opinion as well, but i am referring to the people who keeps pushing it, who has to be right no matter what, who posts lame ass YT videos explaining why their console of choice is better.

There are also the PC fanboys, who always says the PC is the better gaming platform. While i agree in some aspects, you have to remember that a PC needs to be upgraded occasionally, as the gaming world progresses. Although my PC can handle all the games i throw at it, it has been expensive. On a console, it just works, no modification required, no tinkering around with settings, setting up controllers and such. That's where i think consoles win big time.

The best thing about having a Wii/360/PS3 is that i don't have to choose. I get all the goods from this generation. But people still feel the need to defend their gaming company no matter what. Why? Why is it so important? Can someone shed some light on this childish bulls**t? I don't care which gaming company sells the most/is most popular. I just want to have fun with my games please.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I don't care for the PS3, but I want to see it succeed, and am glad people like the console.

I get a bit pissy when people diss the Wii or the 360 as I like both systems and want a 360 eventually. I enjoyed the PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube as well as the Dreamcast last gen. My girlfriend has my XBOX, I donated the Gamecube when I purchased a Wii, and I have my 2nd PS2 at the moment, the first one "died",,,

:evil:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I get a bit pissy when people diss the Wii or the 360 as I like both systems and want a 360 eventually.
Don't take this as 360 bashing, it's not. But you will cover far more games with a gaming PC and a PS3 than you will with a gaming PC and a 360. I find a 360 quite redundant when you already have a good PC, since most of the major games hit both the 360 and PC.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I don't that is necessarily true anymore, at the beginning many 360 titles were going to pc, but now most titles such as Gears 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo 3, Fable 2, Gotham 3 and 4, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Halo Wars, Crackdown, Forza 2, Banjo, not to mention the many arcade titles haven't been released for the PC (as far as I am aware).

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
I don't that is necessarily true anymore, at the beginning many 360 titles were going to pc, but now most titles such as Gears 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo 3, Fable 2, Gotham 3 and 4, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Halo Wars, Crackdown, Forza 2, Banjo, not to mention the many arcade titles haven't been released for the PC (as far as I am aware).
Most of those games suck. Hard.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Don't take this as 360 bashing, it's not. But you will cover far more games with a gaming PC and a PS3 than you will with a gaming PC and a 360. I find a 360 quite redundant when you already have a good PC, since most of the major games hit both the 360 and PC.
The problem is many of those games have horrid DRM on the PC versions, limited installs, no ability to buy used, trade in games, sell or give 'em away after playing them.

Needless to say there are more 360 games I want than PS3 games, and other than Blu Ray, there is nothing the PS3 offers me that the 360 doesn't offer, plus there are several "inexpensive" downloadable games I want for the 360, Samor could name a few as he owns several I want to buy after getting a 360.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Am I the only one that's sad to see some almost fanboyish tones in this thread?
I want three successful consoles being sold, but I'm not going to continually own every console. I keep thinking eventually the DRM will bleed into consoles and drive me away from gaming, but Charline *my sweetie* thinks Hell will freeze over before I'll stop buying video game consoles.

At the moment, I just don't care for the PS3, but I don't hate it or people who like it.

:innocent:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
There are those on the forum who see me as an "Anti Sony" person for not liking the PS3 even though I rave about the PSP and the PS2 is my favorite console...

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
Yeah I was referring to you.

All I need is a wii now to complete my console collection so noone can call me a fanboy.
Don't do it, its a waste of 250$ for a console that got a free ride because of its price point.

I lent mine out to my friend about 3 months ago. I haven't asked for it back, and he hasn't played it.

I want three successful consoles being sold, but I'm not going to continually own every console. I keep thinking eventually the DRM will bleed into consoles and drive me away from gaming, but Charline *my sweetie* thinks Hell will freeze over before I'll stop buying video game consoles.

At the moment, I just don't care for the PS3, but I don't hate it or people who like it.

:innocent:
80 percent of your post regarding the 3 counsels includes downplaying the ps3 because it "doesn't interest you".

Indirect bashing is still bashing mind you.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I really don't care what a console is, or who it's from, I just want all the games I want to be on one.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Don't do it, its a waste of 250$ for a console that got a free ride because of its price point.

I lent mine out to my friend about 3 months ago. I haven't asked for it back, and he hasn't played it.

80 percent of your post regarding the 3 counsels includes downplaying the ps3 because it "doesn't interest you".

Indirect bashing is still bashing mind you.
The same way you bash the Wii? oO

Just because I'm not interested, doesn't mean others aren't interested? Just because you don't like the Wii doesn't mean others don't like the Wii. I don't expect people to buy systems or not buy systems based on my input. I however discuss my opinions on a messageboard as that is what it is for, discussion...

:evil:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Points to Paratech.

I have to admit that Nintendo has always had a special place for me, even though i am quite fond of the other systems as well. It is all a matter of taste, really. If you decide on one console instead of the other, that doesn't necessarily make you a fan boy. It is when you start to preach, when you push your opinion forward like it is gospel, when you think that your choice is the right one no matter what, then you are a fan boy. You are allowed to have your opinion. But when you go PS3 sucksz, 360 FTW, then you are indeed a fan boy. If you instead go "I own a 360, a PS3/Wii isn't quite doing it for me/i chose the 360 PERIOD, then that's something else. It's all a matter of choice.

I decided i wanted all 3 of them, not necessarily because i didn't want to choose, although i admit it played a small part, but because they all had something i desired. I will always be a Nintendo guy, they have always delivered great games (I am of course not denying that there have been a lot of crap games as well, but that count for all 3 consoles. IN MY OPINION), however, i am not dismissing the other consoles. Let me just share with you the consoles/handhelds i own, not to spread jealousy, but simply for the pure hell of it.

I (My bro's is "co-owners" on some) own a NES, SNES, N64, GC (Broken), Wii, GB, NDS, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and a 360. Don't ask me why i don't have any Sega systems, i just don't. Kinda strange really, i like them a lot.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Am I the only one that's sad to see some almost fanboyish tones in this thread?
Your not the only one though this isn't valid for just one person.

I really don't care what a console is, or who it's from, I just want all the games I want to be on one.
Well i actually would like multiplatforming done right. Monopoly of the Market is a bad thing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.