Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the best period of time thread coupled with a few sad songs made me think about the best years in my life, the ones I cherish the most.

For me it would be my last school year before going to University. My specialty was social science (is that a science? meh) and it marked a great change from nerd and geek to ladiesman whle still being the top of the class. Don't misunderstand me, it wasn't the girls, it was the mood, the jokes...the feeling.

I used to hang with a group of five girls and skip class, share drinks and stories. We used to buy a bottle of coke and a bag of chips and share it between the six of us. I can't really express i but I really was happy. I remember waiting for my vacation periods to end because I wanted to come back to school and see them and talk, share... Plus it was filled with ilussion. We all wondered how University was going to be, if our dreams could come true and used to let our minds fly.

I really got to know them and love them. One of them was my best friend until she got married and changed cities. I still have lots of pictures that make me sad because those times are gone regardless of what I want.

So, tell your story.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Its hard to measure happiness, without a variable reason of sadness to offset is against.. hmmm...

I'll have to think about it, Though its probably going to come down to Skipping classes with Sarah all the time and just hanging out at the shops all day.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Nice Thread Kazuya.Actually the most fun years for me was during highschool. Those 4 years were the craziest of my life (so far). But the most meaningful year has been late 2005-06. But yeah, I skipped every 8th period class to go screw around with the freshmen girls :p. I used to love skipping the class I was supposed to be in and visiting others instead (all the teachers loved me :D .....well except my computer teacher- he let me stay if I wasn't taliking to girls)

Heck my advanced tech teacher called me and me friends voluntarily out of classess to come to the audtitoriaum to listen to his various friends talk abot real world technology. During the 2003 Sniper crisis (Tcos and Jonc may remember te crisis, it happened in Maryland) My tech teacher said let us all g free (the schools were locked down) because he said he "was going deer hunting" lol great times :p

·
lazy shmupper
897 Posts
What's up with the nostalgia threads guys ? You absolutely want to make us cry or what ? :D

I guess the best year for me was my last year in high school: 1997-1998.
Friends, lots of fun, super cute GF, drugs, no worries, intense gaming...

For me today is exactly the opposite of these days. :(

·
One of the most...
953 Posts
2005 was a great year for me too. :)

It was my last year in high school too. The feeling, the joy... being happy and making people happy. ^^ Even good grades without spending great force... You must have graduated really recently, didn't you, Kazuya?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
That must've been last year, I've always been bothered with some bad things from my past, being caught in general everyday life. My previous relationship didn't do much good though it made it very easy to accept living as a single person. Still, when you simply just do gaming, and follow an education you hardly care about since the future is just a bland perspective, you can't say I was happy.

Last year I had a crazy trip to Belgium, party wild, drink in 2 weeks the same amount of beer as normally in 2 months, and being in a relationship with a girl I met there ever since. I've seen 5 countries (Belgium, Hungary, England, Germany, Romania) of which 4 with her. Had awesome times with her even though the parts when living seperately were a bit of a bummer. I don't think I did that much gaming anymore, but at the same time I finally managed to enjoy the things I bought, rather than enjoying the process of purchasing. On top of this, I finally see that my education is perfect for me, it's nearing its final part and I'll be doing some internships for which I'm perfectly motivated.

Life took an unexpected change last year, I've never been one to follow the normal path, so this is just perfect for me. 2008 FTW, though the best is still to come :D

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
2005 sucked as any other year sucked after 2000.

Not a bad song!:D

But I don't really agree with you... Many people have a tendency to favour past years. Like, I'm sure everyone knows the cliched old man talking about how he was young and everything was good, most likely your parents or grandparents have said it. But its actually just that you tend to forget many of the bad things and remember the good moments. Like people talking about 50's or 60's and saying how people behaved morally well and it was safe for kids to walk to school... And then they forget how their kids had train how to hide in case of nuclear war or how the whole world lived in shadow of cold war:rolleyes: Oh, those years...

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Ugh....i have higher standards? Wait you dropped out? But your still cool though, im not going to lie :D Even if you have a PHD, everyone gets cut sooner or later theses days lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts