Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.petitiononline.com/xbox2/petition.html

Microsoft Xbox Hardware Development (www.xbox.com) has yet to decide if they are going to make the Xbox2* backwards compatible with existing Xbox games for the Xbox(1), this petition is a request to Microsoft to make the next Xbox play the Xbox games of today. We urge you, existing and future Xbox owners, please sign this petition, hopefully Microsoft will listen and hear the public demand and make the Xbox2 backwards compatible.
Their have already been more than 25,000 Signatures (me included) but what the hell, lets have more :thumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I really don't think MS would do that. It's kinda hard to explain what I think about it. I personally wouldn't by 2 different systems (X1 and X2) to play games on each system. That would be a waste of money, and most people would buy the newer system anyway. Just picture 2 different Xboxs side-by-side in front of your tv. That's not looking pretty in my mind, which is why my box is hidden in the tv stand. (It scares me...)

But then it IS Microsoft. I think that you'd have to buy a $50 device just to play the first systems games, similar to being able to play DVDs.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Sorry, I don't see Microsoft caring about the customers opinion.
The X-Box 2 isn't going to have a harddrive, so I can't see how it'll be able to support the X-Box...
I just guess X-Box fans who want backwards compatibility are going to have to keep their old X-Boxes...
This is one reason I won't buy an X-Box 2! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Is there a petition asking for MS to stop gaming systems production ? I'd like to sign it :evil:

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
Raziel said:
Is there a petition asking for MS to stop gaming systems production ? I'd like to sign it :evil:
Even though a console sucks, why is that a reason to never even attempt to make one in the first place? It's not like it effects you. The console sucks, so you don't play it, and that's the end of the story. Ignore the xbox 2 if you decide to not like it so much.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
bob, that was just a random joke :p

Kaiser : been thinking about it :p

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I personally don't see the need for Backward compatibility. Anyone who will by an Xbox 2 prolly already has an Xbox so what need do they have of backward compatibility??
Plus, I surely hope people are not relying on Xbox 2 to be easily hackable as the original was. M$ learned a great lesson and will surely make it very difficult for that to happen again. So you could only play the original disks on the Xbox 2 (No backups, big risk of scratching, remember the originals and it's early Disk eating habit!!)

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
wether it's backwards compatible or not, internet petitions do absolutely nothing except give people a reason to gripe about something without results (kinda like me @ ngemu :D). Write some letters or something, i'm sure people at microsoft won't google "xbox2" cuz it will come up with millions of crap sites.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
aint this kinda impossibleaccording to the rumors? aint it said that the next xbox is going to have a PowerPC chip? if so then i dont see how they couldever make it backwards compatible....

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
dpence said:
I personally don't see the need for Backward compatibility. Anyone who will by an Xbox 2 prolly already has an Xbox so what need do they have of backward compatibility??
Plus, I surely hope people are not relying on Xbox 2 to be easily hackable as the original was. M$ learned a great lesson and will surely make it very difficult for that to happen again. So you could only play the original disks on the Xbox 2 (No backups, big risk of scratching, remember the originals and it's early Disk eating habit!!)
Well I think a lot of people want to sell their X-Box systems when the 2 comes out and play a few of the X-Box games on the X-Box 2.

I know I promised my sweetie she could have my Playstation when I buy a Playstation 2 for that very reason...

I'm also sure some people don't want to have 2 big systems hooked up to their TV... :lol:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chrono Archangel said:
aint this kinda impossibleaccording to the rumors? aint it said that the next xbox is going to have a PowerPC chip? if so then i dont see how they couldever make it backwards compatible....

the hell is a power pc chip? oO

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I've heard that 'the Xbox2 is gonna have such HP(ower) that it will be able to emulate Xbox(1)' some time ago :) that's true or only a rumor

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Samor said:
tell me...did any of all those online petitions EVER have a 'positive' result?
Yeah but there's money to be earned in here... I doubt that MS will resign the console market so easily.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Samor said:
tell me...did any of all those online petitions EVER have a 'positive' result?
not really, to be perfectly honest i seriously doubt the company takes them into consideration. but its still worth a shot though isnt it? I probley wont even Buy an Xbox 2 Depending on how much it is. but i just dont like the fact their thing about not making it backwards compatible. Cuz if i do get an X2 im gonna want to sell my Old Xbox.... Somewhere. But i'd still want to play my old games on it. :)

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Bah...Xbox 2 is a totally different beast (PowerPC chips and ATI Graphics)...and even if it is powerful enough to emulate Xbox, they cannot utilize instruction sets or code belonging to Intel or nVidia.....

hehe..nVidia will flip on that one...The blood between them and M$ is not exactly good. ;)

Bah...have your petitions...one can hope

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dark Watcher said:
Bah...Xbox 2 is a totally different beast (PowerPC chips and ATI Graphics)...and even if it is powerful enough to emulate Xbox, they cannot utilize instruction sets or code belonging to Intel or nVidia.....

hehe..nVidia will flip on that one...The blood between them and M$ is not exactly good. ;)

Bah...have your petitions...one can hope

Their going with ati this time around? now theirs a switch. I Still dont see a point to this powerPC chip thing. but oh well. i guse well wait to see what microsoft does when the X2 Comes Out. although alot of things will have to be done for me to buy it and sell my old x1 if they dont do the backwards compatible thing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts