Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the problem:
I've started playing the game on VBA with the automatic save type selected and then i've realised that it wasn't saving then i've changed it to flash and flash 128K and restarted the game deleting the battery file and even then it wont save...i can only continue the game using the internal vba save system...I dont know if it's the emu or not but can someone help me?

PS: i forgot to bring the bug report from vba but i will bring it tomorow because im at school right now

·
Registered
51 Posts
Set save type Automatic and set Flash 64k. It wasn't saving for me too but I changed these settings and: voilá! Everything works fine!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info....it worked and also i've found out the reason why I wasn't able to save in the first place...
Well I usually use a front end to start the game but this one i started it without the front end and VBA had the setting for the previous game (Flash & Flash 128k) and then it created the battery file and after that it was always loading the battery file with the settings to flash...witch should have worked but i think that is a bug on the emu but also i think that is soulved already in the CVS version of VBA if only kxu released a new version...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Flash 64k and flash 128k are 2 'very' different things. Apart the size, they don't have the exact same 'commands'. So if a game that uses flash 64k try to verify you are using a 'genuine' flash 64k card while you have set flash 128k, it'll have a negative answer from the flash, and it'll likely not/refuse to save.
There is no bug there...
Most of the save problem come from people that change 'automatic' to something else. Only few games have a save type that can't be detected rightly (like Pokemons, DBZ, Famicon Mini, Top Gun...). For these 'special' cases, you should always use the 'game override' option to change the save type for that particular game only. Because if you change the main save type to, lets say, flash 128k, every single game you'll load after will be 'forced' to use it, and that will likely create a lot of troubles/bugs...

·
Registered
5 Posts
what vba version are you using? I've got 1.7.2, and i've tried changing it to auto and Flash 64k, yet it still won't save.

I've been using a Statesave for a while (it's what i do on pkmn also, but i know that's gonna cause trouble soon as i get to any of the autosave places... >.<).

Thing is, i have to be able to start the game up the right way to be able to use some action replay codes. ((EDIT: got the codes to work... somehow... ))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts