Next Generation Emulation banner

The ultimate controller?

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Gam3rX 
#1 ·
Which is the ultimate controller for ePSXe? I currently use a ms gamepad, but the buttons are not placed like the psx and I'm planning to get a new one.

Should I buy a psx gamepad + adapter or a pc gamepad. And which controllers/adapters are the best?:confused:

#2 ·
I use a MS sidewinder gamepad connected on the gameport.. It has 10 buttons and a Directional Pad.. Enough for psx games.. Its set up like an arcade controller.. 6 buttons (3 across above 3 across).. 2 triggers.. 1 mode button, 1 start button.. No rumble though, but works great on mame and cps2 games.. Then I have a thrustmaster dual power gamepad connected to a usb port... It has 4 buttons on the face of the gamepad, 4 triggers (just like a psx gamepad), two gun triggers on the bottom, one start button, a mode button, 2 analog sticks, one directional pad(works pretty good too).. And it rumbles.. For my pc games like TH2, the rumble is excellent.. The rumbling on epsxe is also pretty good.. Be aware that thrustmaster doesn't give good tech support at the moment.. I was having problems with Thrustmaster but found out that reinstalling directx fixed them.. Now the controller works perfectly..

#9 ·
After using the PSX Dual Shock controller on my pc, i will never go back using my MS-Sidewinder. The adapter rocks and is compatible with every game that supports a gaming controller.

I got mine right here -> http://www.consolesource.com/playstation2/ps-usb-cvt.htm

I don’t recommend using the psx2 controller though. When you press a button, its takes a second before its responds. I'm suspecting that this is due to the sensitive pressure button on the psx2. Maybe i’m wrong, but the psx1 controller seems to respond way faster.

#13 ·
this one is very good

I use a Interact Axis Pad that is exactly like a psx control, tha same position and number od bottons, a directional pad, 2 analog pads but there are no select and start buttons, but if I press the axis pads works like a button so I use the analog pad of the left as start and the one that ever is used (or mostly not) like select, it´s great and it has a enter for game port and adapter for usb.
Also I use an MSW Gamepad :rolleyes: but I use it for second player. I´m on buting another 4 axis gamepad, cause I have 3 more unussed usb port and throw away the msw gamepad (or sale it) to have 5 axis pads :p

#14 · (Edited)
i'm using rockfire's psx/usb bridge adapter(about usd11...dual shock controller for around usd5)
has 3 mode(digital/analog/vibration)
quite good but there's some problem
the controller will vibrate all the time not like on a real psx
and when used with psx emu...when the controller is in analog/vibration mode the d-pad won't work...must use the thumb stick
maybe the driver is not mature yet
got myself ddr mat(around usd5.50) too...works great:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.