Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
360 games go to PS3. PS3 games go to 360.... how about we just release every damn game on every console? :p
Because then they're be no reason to buy one specific console. If they do that, they might as well just switch everything to PC gaming.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I can't stand PC gaming anymore... mostly because by Q6600 and GF9600 are outdated already. My Xbox 360 still plays all games on "max settings".... never had to upgrade the GPU or GPU yet and it's over three years old! :p

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
True. But I've lost my urge to pay hundreds of dollars so I can get my computer to run the newest games at ultra high settings. Doesn't seem worth it anymore.

It seems to me that today's games shouldn't need nearly as much power as they require. (Poorly optimized...)

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Then don't put the settings so high! I'm still playing on a 6600GT. Then again, I haven't really tried the newer stuff... but Diablo 3 should work, and that's all that really matters!

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
LOL play xbox360 games on max settings? Its either really good graphics and constant frame-rate drops. or crappy graphics. Load screens are ALWAYS exorbitant (except RE5).
Nothing beats the silky smooth play of a pc game.

pc gaming> console if you have a moderate income.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
LOL play xbox360 games on max settings? Its either really good graphics and constant frame-rate drops. or crappy graphics. Load screens are ALWAYS exorbitant (except RE5).
Nothing beats the silky smooth play of a pc game.

pc gaming> console if you have a moderate income.
I've never noticed too many frame rate drops on my 360... And the games look fine. Loading times seem decent enough, especially with games copied over to HDD.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
360 games go to PS3. PS3 games go to 360.... how about we just release every damn game on every console? :p
Because then they're be no reason to buy one specific console. If they do that, they might as well just switch everything to PC gaming.
You both deserve a smack each. :p

1) It's easier to develop for only one platform. That's a given.
2) Multiplatformism costs (because PS3 uses Blu-Ray, 360 uses DL DVD, and PSP uses UMD)
3) Making the same game on PC means taking into considertaion which options to let the users tweak in the options menu and that takes up more of your programmin time... whereas consoles is a pop-in-and-go experience. ;)
4) No competition means total bore.
5) FIVE!!!!!!

Aside from that exclusivity still fails. I think we should have "available and enjoyable on" as the slogan rather than "only on" on the cover of a game. ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
I can't stand PC gaming anymore... mostly because by Q6600 and GF9600 are outdated already. My Xbox 360 still plays all games on "max settings".... never had to upgrade the GPU or GPU yet and it's over three years old! :p
Adapt or Perish.

360 doesn't play anything on max settings comparitive to pc, really the system can't run it unless they turn down certain aspects, example: Halo 3 at 600p, I don't know the exact number but it's pulled back in settings for playable speed. That I do not want.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.