Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fivefeet8 posted a thread about 'The Longest Game Ending' http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6050 , and I wondered what the shortest game ending was. One that I remember being quite short was Jet Set Willy (written by Matthew Smith, Software Projects) whereby Miner Willy (having collected all items in the house, 83 I think) finally goes to the master bedroom to get some well earned rest, as soon as he touches the pillow on his bed (Maria having gone by now), he then runs back through a couple of screens to the bathroom, shoves his head down the toilet and waggles his legs in the air, and thats it! The ending must only be about 20 or so seconds long, anybody have any quicker game endings :confused:

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
hehe..:D:D yeah, Im a "Psychotic NGEMU Freak" i tell yah!:evil::evil::evil: Howsbout if you screw up in parasite eve 2, tha's pretty short.. or screw up in Silent Hill, that's also pretty short.. but there's gotta be something, that really fits into this cathegory.. hmm...:D:D:D

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
The numerous old games with the ending being only "Game Over" come to mind (or of course those that technically never end).

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
the "totally unexpected short ending" award goes to the valkyrie profile ending a, where after doing what is expected of you, odin just congratulates you, and that's it, the lousy credits roll. :(

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
If, by ending, you mean you lose control of the game to be shown something, then Myst 'cause it has NO ENDING AT ALL! Unless you give a page to one of the brothers. But if you finish it right, the game never ends! Oy! But shortest I've seen is Sonic 3. You see the ship crash and that's it!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The shortest ending I've seen would have to be the end of the original shareware DOOM game for PC. You fight your way through a world of monsters and then at the end you get thrown into a room with infinite monsters so you just die there in about 10 seconds.

S

·
0 Posts
Mine would have to be BOF for the SNES, if you get the bad ending (which I did). The Goddess starts crying, you feel sorry for her, she says she's beaten, and you leave. Then she laughs evily and the game ends-BLARG!!!!!!!
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
wow, thats fun...

Chrono Cross ending, if u just kill Lavos. otherwise, cant thing of anything...

edit - seems that u posted at the same time as me Sxamiga ;)
jes to say i was refenring to the ending of Doom

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well after mentoning Doom1, what about doom 2? A pile of text which you couldn't be bothered to read then a cycle through all the characters' deaths.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
what about Double Dragon?
in the last room where you fight the boss, you see your girl tied up on the wall... :emb:
ok, so you kill the boss, and then your partner (if you had one), the ending begins:

the girl is released, you walk towards each other, you hold her, make out, GAME OVER.

even Karateka has a longer ending with the scrolling text after the make out part :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts