Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, I'm looking for the best list of scary games of all time. I've played a few creepy ones over the years. Some of them were subtle and some of them were sick, but it's hard to pick a definitive champion. Personally for me, Aliens VS Predator 1 on the PC springs to mind when I think of brown-trouser experiences. I mean those aliens just come from nowhere and nail your ass! But I think it's fair to say that there are probably scarier games out there and this one has definitely been surpassed in terms of graphics.

Games can be old or new; No worries if the special effects aren't good (by todays standards). In fact I think it's not necessarily good graphics which make a game scary. If it scared you when you played (or if it still does), let's hear about it.

Remember though: The "scariest" is what we're mainly looking for. I mean, bad ass! :)

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Silent Hill the graphic sucks but the effects and sound is very creepy.

1,834 Posts
try 零 zero (aka fatal frame)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Warning: movie clip below is quite scary.

The Grudge for Wii. I'm pretty certain that if it doesn't creep you out or scare you to piss your pants, then it'll surprise you. What could possibly be scarier than a game where the only thing you have is a flash light, and the only thing you can do is run?

Next...

The Calling.

Yeah, and who said Wii was for kids?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
clocktower (SNES version), silent hill 1 & 3, and system shock 2.

·
lazy shmupper
897 Posts
Silent Hill.

Ooh man... when the telephone rang (you know where and when) I almost dropped the gamepad. :heh:

Playing that game at night, alone in an isolated house and with proper audio equipment, is something every gamer has to experience.

Still have to play System Shock 2, and I heard Enemy Zero to be good stuff too...

·
Registered
202 Posts
The whole silent hill series has the creepy feel to it but the scariest game I have ever played by far has got to be Dead Space.

Silent Hill is more of a creepy kind of scary, while Dead Space is more of the jump out at you suddenly kind of scary.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Alien vs Predator was the first that came to mind as well. Playing as a marine with all settings maxed out was an experience slightly too intense for my skills back then.

Another game that left an impression was Doom on Snes, mostly because of the sheer difficulty of what monster might be flying at you as soon as you'd step around the next corner.

Left 4 Dead also was a great experience. It's always so unfortunate you can have a first impression only once. Playing those campaigns for the first time, and panicking as all hell breaks lose is still a thrill.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Luigi's Mansion can be included in the scariest games? xD

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
I didn't know these games are available for the Wii! *Adds to shopping list*
Yeah... if you're not enthusiasts of the horror genre, you'd miss out entirely. :p Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and the norm would be what people would normally put down, but in my opinions, it's these locked room and running survival games that are truly horrorful. What? You can run around with a shotgun and it's a guy you see on the screen? Scratch that! It's you! With only a ****ing flashlight in a deformed and darkened house with a single monster that can pop up anywhere. Honestly, I respect people who can stand their ground playing "The Grudge". Most would either run away or hide their faces or do something along those lines.

That's why the re-imagined version of Silent Hill is going to be just a running survival... They are trying to take after the success of "The Grudge".

Which reminds me, I bet not many of us have played survival horror/locked room Flash games huh? :innocent: Those are the ****, I tell ya. Having Pyramid Head lurking around the corner is not as scary as opening a drawer in one of those games.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.