Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How exactly do you operate the save state. I push F1 during the game and the screen pauses for a second and then continues as if nothing has happened. I close epsxe and come back to load and there is nothing in the load state slots and nothing in the save state slots.

Also, this may not have to do with epsxe itself, but I am playing FF7 and am on disk 2 everytime I go to a certain area epsxe shuts down, windows give a little dialog box saying there was an error and that I should send an error report, which of course I do, but it solves nothing, every time I get to this particular spot the error shut it down.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
what operating system are you using?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DEP disabled, computer restarted and no change.

If I run my game, and press esc to try and press either Save, Load, Restart, or Continue I get a message saying :

"DDERR_HWNDALREADYSET
the cooperativeLevel HWND has already been set. It can not be reset while the process has surfaces or palettes created."

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
move the epsxe files to a folder off the root of the hdd, and try save stating from there.

·
Emu Author
616 Posts
try to put your epsxe folder on your desktop, that should work just as well as anything just to get it working. also if you have another partition/hdd, just put it on there instead of the c drive, thats what i do, works fine.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
the root of the hdd is the base directory, C:\ for instance. then you have the folders on the root directory,

Windows, program files, etc for example.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
delete the sstates folder and create SSTATES

also, to prevent the error, try mounting the game image on Daemon Tools, and running the game via Sapu CDR 1.3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now when you say delete it, do you want me to delete the contents inside of the folder as well?

Sapu is in the plug-ins folder, and I downloaded the Daemon tools, which appears to be a CD burning program. What I have now is just an ISO image, are you suggesting that it would work better burn onto a CD?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
No, it would work better if you mounted it with the Daemon tools image drive, and then run via Sapu 1.3.

You can move the contents out of the folder first, it just needs to be deleted and recreated. Then you can move the stuff back in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.