Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing Izuna and I randomly got a message saying the rom image had crashed and it shut down. I did a search and it seems like this is only supposed to happen if you use savestates which I haven't so...WTF?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Actually it's pretty normal (to me and a few at least) that the emulator alone crashes a lot and randomly.
I solved it using the no$gba 2.6a (donators only) + no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 (searching this forum only).
Also, be aware that if you do not close the emulator properly, you lose your save file till the last part you closed the emu. You can write on your save file without closing your emulator by going File > Save Battery. With no$zoomer the default shortcut is Shift + C, but you can change it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually it's pretty normal (to me and a few at least) that the emulator alone crashes a lot and randomly.
I solved it using the no$gba 2.6a (donators only) + no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 (searching this forum only).
Also, be aware that if you do not close the emulator properly, you lose your save file till the last part you closed the emu. You can write on your save file without closing your emulator by going File > Save Battery. With no$zoomer the default shortcut is Shift + C, but you can change it.
Hmm, well I've seen it happen a few more times, and it always seems to happen when I move to a different floor (which in Izuna, makes the game save). So I dunno if that's a factor but, who knows.

As for closing it properly: what is the proper way? I've just been hitting the X in the corner.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
That's the proper way. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I forgot to mention, try using no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 WITH the EX0 enabled ALWAYS, for everygame. That avoided me from having those random crashes.
If it's a specific point is stil crashing after that, try enabling EX5 also, and if still occurs, try all.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
That's for Bowser's Inside Story (the EX0 and EX5 together). ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
not only for bowser's inside story.
I've noticed that zelda crashed alot when i wasn't using ex0 and with it, it stopped.
And some games that did the same i also tried ex5 together and it worked.

and by the way, i know about bowser's inside story, i created an whole topic just for it's issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.