Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've experienced some error with Pete's OGL in the past. If I start ePSXe program, i've got the message: Windows error in something. I don't have any idea why this thing happened. I used P2/400, Riva TNT2 M64, Pete's OGL 1.48, Pete's SPU, TSG CDR.

I assumed that the errror was from my Graphic Card. I've already put this problem in this forum, too. And some of you has advised me to replace the CDR, I try that but the probl. is still there. Finally I used GPU Pete's D3D and it works fine. But I still wondering, why may Riva couldn't work with Pete's OGL?

After that, (actually after I read SX/Amiga notes, that he is currently using GE Force 2 GTS, and how good it is) I bought GE Force 2 GTS_Elsa and I'm pretty sure that the small problem in the past will disappeared. I try Pete's OGL 1.48 and 1.49, and it still failed. OOops!!! USD 170 for nothing. No, not nothing, actually I prefer this card, though.

And then 2 days ago I replaced WinMe with my older Win98 (first edition). BINGO! That's work I run ePSXe with Pete's OGL awesomely....even now I realized that the fps is very stable. I used limit fps for every game (45) and every game I play works just fine (ISS2, PE, SF3D, Vagrant Story, RR4, GT, LMA Mgr 2001,...)

If anyone has the same problem like myself, try discard WinMe!!! Because I think it has some problem that I recognizing besides with this one.... But I'm still looking fwd for WinXP though....

Tks and bye

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
win me sux. your problem may not havebeen completely rooted in the os, but the format before reinstalling 98 would have wiped out the thing causing the errors anyways. i say forget xp and go 2k.. i did ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts