Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i had lost this movie for ever but i finaly found a new link for it xD

http://vod.lineage2.co.kr/lineage2/2005/2005-03-03-DigitalTiger.zip

This movie shows everything i love about L2, the awsome pvp it has, the awsome armour and weapon design, and the beautifull graphics.

This movie shows the Korean public test server while it was in its Chronicle 3 Stages, it was the first time Sub Classes were intruduced and thats the main focus of this movie. Basicly with C3 you could choose after doing a quest a class that normaly you shouldnt have, classes that belonged to diferent races. This made the PvP even better.

I just hope this movie helps to bring more fans to this awsome game.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I haven't seen your video yet (downloading), but I must say that Lineage2 is also my favorite MMORPG because the game just makes perfect sense, it is well balanced. For instance you would never find a player of a different class to be superior than you. You just have to know your pro's and con's and use them wisely to be competitive. Also the graphics... OMG, it's like super luxurious graphics if you ask me for a MMORPG. World Of Warcraft graphics for instance just seem to me too childish.

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
l2 has very nice graphics but a lot of the gameplay just seemed too monotonous for me, didnt really do a lot of pvping whenever i did play it but still, even without pvp the game should be fun and for me it wasnt

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
PsYcHoJaK said:
I haven't seen your video yet (downloading), but I must say that Lineage2 is also my favorite MMORPG because the game just makes perfect sense, it is well balanced.
and its like that because there are no real, final decisions to make in your characters. in the end, a certain class will be the same for everyone's character (main thing that turns me off with L2). i played it for around 2 weeks before i had enough.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
ChankastRules said:
Everything from S.Korea rules!
even slavery! YAY!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Exodus said:
and its like that because there are no real, final decisions to make in your characters. in the end, a certain class will be the same for everyone's character (main thing that turns me off with L2). i played it for around 2 weeks before i had enough.
I agree I felt it repetitive too, I don't know how, maybe getting into deep makes you like the game or something lol, but I never really like the combat system(point, click and wait, or almost).

Sincerely Shin Mike.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exodus said:
and its like that because there are no real, final decisions to make in your characters. in the end, a certain class will be the same for everyone's character (main thing that turns me off with L2).
How can u say that when

i played it for around 2 weeks before i had enough.
:p

Sorry but thats not how it goes, that fact that the game is ballanced doesnt mean everychar turns out the same, the gameplay for each class or race/subclass combo is totaly diferent, totaly diferent ways of play, if u can master the pvp with one doesnt mean u'll master with all the others, its the exact oposite. ;)

On the side note, has anyone actually watched the movie? :p

P.S. - I admit that leveling might get very booring in L2, the exp grind is a bit dull, but that was in C1, most of u havent tried it in C3 where there are alot of new things to have fun, and now with C4 theres gonna be even more, also an awsome fishing mini game xD

http://www.l2center.com/chronicle4/chap10.aspx

Also theres the Heroe competition where every race/class can compete in the coleseum to see wich one is the best within its class and the winner gets exclusive items and skills. Of course he has to defend its title every now and then.

Plus L2 has what i've never seen before in MMORPGS and that's simply one of the most amazing MP events i've seen. The castle sieges. More then 400 players defending and otheres attacking the castle with huge siege gollems and cannons to blast the doors and walls to break trough. Simply amazing

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
How can u say that
well... lets say i played on a less than official server which boosted things up a bit. got to lvl 34 or so before realizing that every single elf healer would be identical in the end. i'm too used to skill systems where choices actually need to be made in the final character build. like diablo2 or DnD where there aren't enough skill points to get EVERYthing.

Metalmurphy said:
Sorry but thats not how it goes, that fact that the game is ballanced doesnt mean everychar turns out the same, the gameplay for each class or race/subclass combo is totaly diferent, totaly diferent ways of play, if u can master the pvp with one doesnt mean u'll master with all the others, its the exact oposite. ;)
in the grand scheme of things, knowing that a certain raceX/classX will be identical to another person's raceX/classX at the same level (other than equipment) makes things sound a little dull. maybe things have changed in that respect since C1, i wouldn't know. either way, if i were paying a monthly fee, i'd go for something a bit more complex.

in any case, i'm not judging why you might like it, i'm just stating what turned me off.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
even slavery! YAY!
I particular enjoy the violence and the fake clone
I don't think neither slavery nor violence/fake clones are originally from S.Korea. But I guess everything has it flaws.... I'd go deeper into this but I guess it's too much off topic.

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
From the little bits of Anarchy Online I played it seemed pretty diverse. But that clip made Lineage II PvP look really good, I might try it sometime. Though I prefer WoW right now.

PS: I LOVE the song in that movie :). If anyone knows what its called I would really appreciate it. Unforunately the credits for BGM 2 were in Korean so I couldn't read it.

·
The one and only
4,074 Posts
actually, everyone really is the same for every class. you can practically get any skill for your class and be the same as everyone else. I just got guild wars today im totally diggin it. So muchh better

·
I Burnt The Toast!
1,522 Posts
I like L2 soley for the beauty of the world really. The armor/weapons are very well textured and designed. I really only play to see what stuff looks like from a first hand position.

That said, there is a severe lack of content. Every other toon looks exactly the same as the one you saw 4 seconds ago.

I'm not big on PVP at all, I acctualy couldn't care less about it, so that area of the game has no intrest to me. Maybe when I'm tired of looking at all the cool weapons/armor at maxed out level, I'll go pick on a few n00bs like the 'leet' people used to do to my low level toons.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ChankastRules said:
I don't think neither slavery nor violence/fake clones are originally from S.Korea. But I guess everything has it flaws.... I'd go deeper into this but I guess it's too much off topic.
I am no offence to s.Korea people. I just afraid people who are so "into "
nationalism, their thinking are so "single-polarity".

I believe "everything has it flaws" too, glad to hear that.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
makotech222 said:
actually, everyone really is the same for every class. you can practically get any skill for your class and be the same as everyone else. I just got guild wars today im totally diggin it. So muchh better

Wrong! You can't get any class from the subclass system, they are limited, for example a Dark Avanger can't have the subclass of a Overlord. And even if they have the same skills they are very very diferent to PvP with becouse of the diferant stats, some will have higher casting rate, others higher accuracy, others higher criticals, the secret is to find the subclass that suits you and ur base stats the better. Like i said every class / subclass is diferent to master, if u think its not then ur not a good pvper and would probably loose alot of them ;)

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Cylinder said:
I'm not big on PVP at all, I acctualy couldn't care less about it, so that area of the game has no intrest to me.
precisely why guild wars failed in my eyes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.