Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man up here in Canada ... 128 top of the line SDRAM only costs about 75$... I'm thinking of just taking my CPU all the way up to 512 RAM.... Any-who... what's the cheapest RAM you've ever seen...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
umm, actually i just bought a 256mb for $70 (inc tax) last month.

as always, my current sys spec is in my profile :cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SanDRocK
at this store up buy my house in Edmonton, u can buy a chip of 256MB Crucial PC133 Ram for like 95$ Canadian
Hey I live in Edmonton too... where's this place ?

·
Registered
190 Posts
You can buy a PC133 256MB DIMM from CCL Computers in the UK for £27.77 (thats with VAT added, without its £22.89) i'm not sure what that is in US or Canadian Dollars but i know its damn good prices.

BOB

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
Speaking of low prices, what the hell's going on with Intel and AMD? I noticed (to my shock) that a P4 1.4 Ghz was going for $230, and a T-Bird 1.4 Ghz was going for $240! Since when was Intel cheaper than AMD?! Don't tell me I need to switch mainboards again :(

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
Yes I'm serious, and yes that's US dollars. Completely blew me away

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Howly shit.......the P-4 Processor is getting so cheap.......!
Over here where I live......U can get a chip of 128mb Ram for only 18.30 US Dollars..........I am gona increase my Ram to hell........the brand of that Ram is Kingston........bestones here......the bus speed is 133..........yeeeepeeeeeeee..........!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks man... I'll probably go there to get RAM... I'll look around a bit more first though. :) And now that the P4 is so damn cheap, I'll try to get me wanna those... now only if soundcard priced plumitted ;)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Guitar Gamer,
did you see my post? I got it for $70 canadian inc tax, right here in Vancouver. It's 256mb PC133, forgot what brand tho.
So I'd suggest you look around more.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by takwu
Guitar Gamer,
did you see my post? I got it for $70 canadian inc tax, right here in Vancouver. It's 256mb PC133, forgot what brand tho.
So I'd suggest you look around more.
Takwu, where did you go? ATIC? A-Power? NCIX? Anitec? :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whoah... sorry dude, your post musta slipped my mind... too many numbers in a thread confuses me :confused: Well,now U know I don't like math :D
I think I'm gonna take a look at Tucson Corp., where I got my computer and see what there prices are...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
kairi00,
actually I got it from a friend who does sell these stuff to his friends ;)
of the names you mentioned, I only recognize ATIC. They're usually quite cheap, but not the absolute cheapest if you look carefully...

Guitar Gamer,
good luck. mind you i bought mine a few weeks ago, and you know how much RAM prices fluctuates over short periods.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts