1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I'm probably going to get the HD5870 or whatever nVidia has at the time for my next GPU, so I'll be watching this thread. That's half a year away though, so I don't know what will happen. The HD4870 and GTX260 aren't worth it to me for my situation. Until then, my 8800GT is doing just fine for me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
As long as they don't make them do CPU offloading i would say they will trash nvidia boards, hope they do better with opengl.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
All video cards do cpu offloading to an extent.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
As am I nowadays. My 9800GX2 might have that stuttering issue here and there, but it'll be fine for at least another year or so. Plus, I'm slapping a waterblock on it anyways :p

·
Registered
147 Posts
As am I nowadays. My 9800GX2 might have that stuttering issue here and there, but it'll be fine for at least another year or so. Plus, I'm slapping a waterblock on it anyways :p
Yeah, and your expensive gfx cards will be cheap later on, and most user with 38xx,48xx can crossfire with 58xx if the driver allow it.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
I agree wsith Zadeck, my 8800gt is fine for now. Im sitting out the 4870 and gtx280 generation :p My Next build (Beast 3) will have to stop Skore's oncoming assualt :evil:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Skore?

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
That would be me :p

I'm in the midst of building a watercooled system and Phils the only other one on the forums that has one I believe :p

Yeah, and your expensive gfx cards will be cheap later on, and most user with 38xx,48xx can crossfire with 58xx if the driver allow it.
I don't really care, good for them :lol: The 9800GX2 is still a good card and it will last the average PC gamer quite awhile.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I'm so sorry!
I haven'y noticed your nick...oopsy...
I think I might add my name to that list soon...my GPU is apperantly trying very hard to beat the sun when it comes to temps - core1 is 56C ideal, core2 is 78C ideal...stress is plus 15C to each!
I have a plastic see-through side panel, which expands and contracts because of the heat...makes clicking noises when I go to sleep...hehe

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still no news...just fake BS that Nvidia lovers post like the GTX350 and blah blah blah...
All I can find is the usual: 40nm, 2000 shader units, over 1GHz core clocks, GDDR5, 256bit and DX11 support.
I don't want his forum to die so I'll be posting gibrish as soon as find some.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL!!! S**t Happens!!!

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
The server was pretty shaky last night. I had to edit some double posts, even though I pressed the quick reply button just once and waited for 2minuties :lol:

I heard the next line up for Nvidia was supposed to be GTX292. I can't find anything concrete though, so take it as you will :p

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Probably consumes a massive amount of power though...

Still, sounds interesting. Hopefully it edges out the 4870x2 so that ATI can come out with even a better one in a few months time :evil: Finally the rat race between the two companies return!

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
Yeah we are the rat's food.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts