Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
No, it would be more work to do. Things are progressing slowly in the development deparment. Look at all the incompatabilities. If they were to code this emu with psx emulation included then some problems may arise that could make things worst. Also it would slow down the proper development of ps2 emulation since part of the time would be used to write the psx part and to fix the its errors. And why would you want to use the same emu for everything? If there is one that is coded properly just put it in a folder that is close the pcsx2 and that's it.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Please, use the search funtion before asking things that have been asked many times before. Specially when it was answered yesterday oO

·
Registered
39 Posts
i can't understand questions like this...

WHY you want to plat psx games on pcsx2 if you have pcsx, a excellent emulator who have good plugins and perfect compatibility???

·
Registered
356 Posts
I will give you one really good reason why. The PS2 really doesn't play PS1 games, it emulates them. So to make a PS2 emulator play PS1 one games you would have to make an emulator for the emulator. And since PS2 emulation isn't perfect you most likely would get speeds compariable to PS2 emulation speeds. The only solution is maybe tack on PCSX emulator to the PS2 emulator, but that would be completely pointless.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Squigi63 said:
I will give you one really good reason why. The PS2 really doesn't play PS1 games, it emulates them. So to make a PS2 emulator play PS1 one games you would have to make an emulator for the emulator. And since PS2 emulation isn't perfect you most likely would get speeds compariable to PS2 emulation speeds. The only solution is maybe tack on PCSX emulator to the PS2 emulator, but that would be completely pointless.
WRONG! :p
PS2 doesnt emulate PS1 games. the PS2 simply has the PS1 hardware to play them

·
Registered
39 Posts
Chrono Archangel said:
WRONG! :p
yes, thats right Chrono

the only console who emulates a game is Game Cube: Zelda Master Quest :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
WRONG!
:nono:
em·u·late ( P ) Pronunciation Key (my-lt)
tr.v. em·u·lat·ed, em·u·lat·ing, em·u·lates
1.) To strive to equal or excel, especially through imitation: an older pupil whose accomplishments and style I emulated.
2.)To compete with successfully; approach or attain equality with.
3.)Computer Science. To imitate the function of (another system), as by modifications to hardware or software that allow the imitating system to accept the same data, execute the same programs, and achieve the same results as the imitated system.

Unless the PS2's hardware is the same exact hardware found in the PS1 and just so happens to play PS1 games then both of you are wrong. BURN! :angry:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Squigi63 said:
:nono:
em·u·late ( P ) Pronunciation Key (my-lt)
tr.v. em·u·lat·ed, em·u·lat·ing, em·u·lates
1.) To strive to equal or excel, especially through imitation: an older pupil whose accomplishments and style I emulated.
2.)To compete with successfully; approach or attain equality with.
3.)Computer Science. To imitate the function of (another system), as by modifications to hardware or software that allow the imitating system to accept the same data, execute the same programs, and achieve the same results as the imitated system.

Unless the PS2's hardware is the same exact hardware found in the PS1 and just so happens to play PS1 games then both of you are wrong. BURN! :angry:
You're taking the definition out of the current context. You won't win this argument, drop it unless you have anything useful to say.

·
Registered
330 Posts
right, here. plain and simple:

it shows 2 things. the seprate instructions for ps1 and ps2 games, and what pcsx2 emulates.
done in ms paint, btw.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
DC_daNMan said:
right, here. plain and simple:

it shows 2 things. the seprate instructions for ps1 and ps2 games, and what pcsx2 emulates.
done in ms paint, btw.
Winner :p

·
Registered
356 Posts
Okay guys than please explain two things to me. 1.) Why can't the playstation chip play all playstation games perfect(there are games that don't work completely right in ps2). 2.)How is it able to have increase loading times and graphic enhancements(not very well but they are there). What is that, oh you can't explain why. The truth is that the PS2 is emulating PS1, whether you guys will admit to it or not. I was only slightly wrong with the fact that I thought more was done in software, but now I see the light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Come on now ....

Okay guys than please explain two things to me. 1.) Why can't the playstation chip play all playstation games perfect(there are games that don't work completely right in ps2). 2.)How is it able to have increase loading times and graphic enhancements(not very well but they are there). What is that, oh you can't explain why. The truth is that the PS2 is emulating PS1, whether you guys will admit to it or not. I was only slightly wrong with the fact that I thought more was done in software, but now I see the light.

1) The Playstation2 does not accurately play all PSX games because (afaik) the graphics chip is not exactly the same. I'm not entirely sure whether it is two different gfx chips in the PS2, one for psx and one for PS2, or whether the PS2 chip just supports the same/similar instructions as the PSX graphics chip. Neither of these would be considered emulation.

2) Do the words 'Post Processing' have any meaning for you? Does the fact that there is, in fact, a faster DVD/CD-ROM in the unit correlate to the fact that it can load things faster? I make the assumption that yes, it does. However, due to the fact that certain PSX games have timing issues when the loading doesn't take a specific amount of time, they included the option to disable the speed increase. This does not make it emulation by any stretch of the term.

So. Like moomoomoo said, you're taking all of this out of context. It's not a big deal. Emulators like PCSX and ePSXe are available. Use one of them. The PS2 does not inherently support PSX instructions in it's CPU. It never will. Get over it.

On a side note, I have only a very vague idea as to how the PS2 gfx hardware works, and all information in this post is speculation. Also, that MS Paint picture is priceless. I've half a mind to set it to my background ;).

n1ckn4m3

·
Registered
25 Posts
Squigi63 said:
1.cuz its a chip(they just mod the ps2 well thats what i think) 2.cause the hardware in the ps2 is much more powerful
got your answer

·
Registered
330 Posts
n1ckn4m3 said:
Also, that MS Paint picture is priceless. I've half a mind to set it to my background ;).

n1ckn4m3

lol Thanks.

Anyway Squigi63, I think you must be dead cert in just being completely crucified by anyone with knowledge of the ps2, as you really dont take no for an answer. 'I see the light..' yes. it just happens to be a freight train called REALITY. (and its coming your way). Please stop this, it is annoying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts