Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting annoyed by this baseless misconception that the PS3 doesn't have many good exclusives. So I made this thread, where those who appreciate the PS3 can discuss the games. I wanted to start things off with a little slideshow of some of the more noteable exclusive titles the platform offers, just for a little perspective, and to link in a heavy-handed retort next time some schmuk says in another inevitable argument "PS3 haz no gaymz lolz"

Demon's Souls

Disgaea 3

Eye of Judgement

Fat Princess

Flower

Folklore

God of War 3

Final Fantasy XIII Vs.

Gran Turismo 5

Haze

Heavenly Sword

Heavy Rain

Infamous

Lair

Last Guardian

Linger in Shadows

Little Big Planet

MAG

Metal Gear Online

Metal Gear Solid 4

Motorstorm

Motorstorm Pacific Rifts

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Pixeljunk

Quantum

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Resistance 1 & 2

Ridge Racer 7

Super Stardust HD

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Valkyria Chronicles

Wipeout HD

White Knight Chronicles

These are JUST the exclusives, and only ones I found of note. I know I missed some.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Killzone 2 is also supposed to be pretty kickass. I got the game yesterday but I have yet to play it.

Haze on the other hand is one game that I was rather disappointed with. Looked okay, if a bit bland but it never really was enjoyable enough to keep me playing. I may finish the game some day, but I am reluctant to.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Where is Toy Home? :( Where is Cash Guns Chaos? Where is Calling All Cars? Where is Pain? Where is Super Rub a Dub? Lemmings? Ragdoll Kung Fu? Blast Factor?

I'm finding over half of my game library missing!

And don't diss Fat Princess. It's actually on the same league as Castle Crashers, which I found very... immersive. ;)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Nah, I think those alone are enough (meaning I don't really want to post them, but just mentioning them for the heck of it). But a whole thread to make people aware isn't necessary because not like... they care. If someone is seriously considering a PS3 then this might be a good point of reference. But if someone (a certain someone) is blindly believing that the PS3 has nothing, or if someone is not interested in any of those games, then they won't care. And subjectively, I only plan on purchasing a small number of the games you mentioned. And a few more I already own. So yeah... even as a PS3 owner, I don't find most of those games interesting. But that's just me.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Spyhop "I'm getting annoyed by this baseless misconception that the PS3 doesn't have many good exclusives."

Spyhop, it all boils down to interpretation, there are several Wii games I like, but there are several members who do not like those games. It is up to each person to choose the games they like and the console they want to play those games on.

But it's good you like the PS3 and the games you own for it. I like the games I have on the Wii/PS2 as well. Nothing is worse than investing hundreds of $$$ into a gaming system and not liking the games out for the system, except maybe liking the games and the system and then having the system break, particularly out of warranty... :evil:

Still it doesn't matter what others think about the PS3, it matters what you think about your PS3,,,and I'm glad your happy.

Still the pictures of the games are nice and they look good.

:thumb:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Spyhop no longer has his ps3 or games.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I don't?

Spyhop "I'm getting annoyed by this baseless misconception that the PS3 doesn't have many good exclusives."

Spyhop, it all boils down to interpretation, there are several Wii games I like, but there are several members who do not like those games. It is up to each person to choose the games they like and the console they want to play those games on.

But it's good you like the PS3 and the games you own for it. I like the games I have on the Wii/PS2 as well. Nothing is worse than investing hundreds of $$$ into a gaming system and not liking the games out for the system, except maybe liking the games and the system and then having the system break, particularly out of warranty... :evil:

Still it doesn't matter what others think about the PS3, it matters what you think about your PS3,,,and I'm glad your happy.

Still the pictures of the games are nice and they look good.

:thumb:
Meh. I half made the thread to vent and half made it for a reference the next time someone claims PS3 has no exclusives. Easier to just link this thread than to argue with them.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How is Valkyrie Chronicle, I'm interest in it.
I avoided it for a long time because of the heavy-handed anime. But after hearing too many good reviews I finally picked it up for $40. Great game. The anime isn't obnoxious enough to annoy the piss out of me, the art direction is amazing, and the gameplay is very original.

it's a must-have.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
While my game standards have gotten retardly high, I think the PS3 is going to win over x360 for me. I have neither console yet, but so far, x360 doesn't have anything that PS3 doesn't have a counter for. (Still a minuscule amount of games, but it's all relative)

I avoided it for a long time because of the heavy-handed anime.
Same here. And now the non-decreasing price isn't helping either.

Spyhop no longer has his ps3 or games.
indeed.
i now have them.
Lame spam.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Many of these games can be found used at Gamestop for around that price, at least the ones that are already released.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.