Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discuss the advancement of the voting period.

- On a side note, 'posts of year' and 'bin threads' were skipped
- there was one minor inconsistency in poll, phil being listed as both member and newcomer, while thanak/bob/cotton are not as revelations of year.
- One or 2 thread needed to be set as multivoting-enabled (seems its not possible from here to change them to be multivote-based, unless its just the right buttons that are not visible).

Quoting my person from here:

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
You are listed as member and staff yourself HCR :p

In any case, sadly it is to late to change the polls. We will issue a formal apology to the forgotten people, but there is not much we can do beyond that.

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
560 Posts
Please remove 1 vote from Bob for best avatar since it was Skirty, a member's duplicate account.

1 vote from "Know of anyone who as a child took adhd meds for over 3 years? How have they grownup?"

1 vote from Kaizen for signature of the year.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Are the 3 votes from the same member 'skirty' ?
They are. There was a vote for lilmsnaughty for noob as well but she's not close to winning that one so I guess it doesn't matter so much.

Prafull should be able to see who voted what. I don't believe I can remove individual votes. I think just wipe the poll. I was more thinking just make a mental note to subtract a vote from said users.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
I could knock off those votes when I get clearance to do so. I'll just wait for confirmation from Prafull before I do so :)

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty much after a day (prafull mentioned a closure date in his announcement).
Since only a day remains, it might not be desired for a last call to voting through an announcmenent (specifically, its unlikely that vote trends would change, so whoever has not voted yet should ideally take the opportunity to cast the ballot)

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It would seem the messe is pretty much over.

Everyone who can cast a vote, cast the last ones if you havent yet.

A closure announcement carbon-copied on the ones from last years can start being discussed.
As usual, the task will be suggested for the veteran Proto-san to tackle :p (a base suggestion speech and the actual releasing of the speech, as the repeat acclaimed award host/announcer).

Proofing could then take place, till it comes into an acceptable shape.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
In the name of the Ngemu awards committee 2008 (hah!), we want to thank all the people who voted in the awards and who helped in making this event a success as with every year. An extremely and tedious tallying process based on hard mathematical principles will now take place, so refrain from looking at the poll count and look forward to the results! :D

Could be used for the closing of the poll period.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts