Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what happen but anything below 447(the last version below 447 that I've tested is 441...426 is little faster)is ok and every version above 447 start becoming slower and slower.The way it is now I don't get(literally)anything from speed hack and the vu skip(vu skip it's like I didn't enable it,I can't get 60fps like on 426 whatever I do)

Without speed hack and advanced options the differences in speed between 426 and 513 is 10-15fps.With hacks and advanced options the differences is too big...30-35fps.And the differences in 513 with and without anything for speed up is 10-20fps.

I did all those tests on Atelier Iris 3

·
Registered
228 Posts
dude u seriously need to upgrade your computer. A p4 is not going to cut it at all. And that
6600gt is wayyyyyyyyy to old. You need a dual core/ quad and a 8000/ 9000/ or if u can afford it a 200 series gfx card. Hell i need a quad and a 280 gtx and a new PSU which i will be getting in february or march:D

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude u seriously need to upgrade your computer. A p4 is not going to cut it at all. And that
6600gt is wayyyyyyyyy to old. You need a dual core/ quad and a 8000/ 9000/ or if u can afford it a 200 series gfx card. Hell i need a quad and a 280 gtx and a new PSU which i will be getting in february or march:D
I don't need upgrade because I don't use PCSX2 to play games(I play them on my PS2),I'm just saying that recently the PP version start becoming slower and slower and btw low speed doesn't bother me but from ?? speed to become slower is

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
For me nothing is getting slower. Everything is OK. PP version emulates the real PS2 more accurately, so it does more stuff, which makes it more demanding.

Your system is already bottlenecked, that is why you're having decreased performance. ATM my system is handling it without any speed losses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have noticed that the latest PP version made the games look a lot more prettier. Maybe they gave some speed for better graphics? =)

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
One thing i know with the official versions of pcsx2 prior to the work done by pp, is for a few things such as the vector unit recompilers they intentionally sacrificed some of the accuracy for performance.
As the emulator developes the developers will ultimately be aiming for more and more accuracy. And as people's hardware gradually get more and more powerful , their systems will be able to facilitate slower yet more accurate emulation.

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
For me, PP is becoming slower as every version came out. Right now I'm getting 60fps in Persona 4 while in PP I'm getting 32-45 o_O

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
That does look like a major slowdown. Which builds were you using for the first and second screenshot, butz_san ?
In the screen shot of 60fps I'm using Pcsx2 396 (SVN) while in the picture of 22fps I'm using Playground 515 vm. The same happen to me with FF12, there are places where I got 60fps in Pcsx2 while in PP 515 (or lower versions) I got 42fps :???:So far all the games I've tried to play in PP decrease a lot the fps.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Looks like a comparison of a DaZ enabled build to one where it's disabled.
Enable DaZ in playground via options>advanced>vurecs (tick flush to zero and denormals are zero).

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like a comparison of a DaZ enabled build to one where it's disabled.
Enable DaZ in playground via options>advanced>vurecs (tick flush to zero and denormals are zero).
Those are my settings for my tests on pp 515 and the speed I get with everything for speed is almost nothing compare to the default settings...with any version below 441 on some games is more than 30fps.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
For me, PP is becoming slower as every version came out. Right now I'm getting 60fps in Persona 4 while in PP I'm getting 32-45 o_O
Something is definitively wrong with your settings.. Here is my test for Persona 4 on Pcsx2 PP R.513: Like Rama said enable Daz on VUrecs and use round mode chop or the game will hang.

·
it'se miku!
3,609 Posts
for me it got a bit slower in FFX.
once, i was able to reach 95fps in the Intro. now only 85fps is reachable. 80fps with sound.

Same settings of course.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
In FFXII there are parts with some slowdowns in PP version as well. Not a big of a deal, but it happens. I don't see it like a problem if it doesn't go below 60fps.

·
Russian mafia
10 Posts
In FFXII there are parts with some slowdowns in PP version as well. Not a big of a deal, but it happens. I don't see it like a problem if it doesn't go below 60fps.
I agree, for example with 396 in the FFXII first stage I get 60fps but with 504 I get only 40-45fps

1 - 18 of 18 Posts