Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Originally posted by NickK

With all of the rhyming going on in these ads, you'd think they are no more than fads :p
God, NickK, that was awful. You should be punished :p Ryos' was even worse, though. Someone get the duct tape... altough I suppose that wouldn't really work for typing, would it?

So THOSE are pocky sticks... those are tasty!

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
It's all right, the problem is they'll watch that and refuse to watch any of my anime or other Japanese programs (BTW, the Japanese have some really...er...interesting game shows :p).
You can't expect your parents to like Love Hina, can you?

So do the French. ;)

· Registered
1,935 Posts
> I'd say so. And not a good weird, I mean a bad weird.

Are you saying Akira had a good weird? Cuz I definitely didn't get the ending, but it wasn't a good I-didn't-get-the-ending, it was a bad I-didn't-get-the-ending. I mean it just went right over my head, and I think the fault was on the storytellers and not my own stupidity and short attention span.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Ahhh. Hey, I have a question. Are crap Saban animes like Mon Colle Knights and Pokemon and Digimon actually considered anime, or just derided as pathetic attempts that fail even as weekday-afternoon cartoons? Always wondered about that.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
> It's kind of like how most people who see FotR will not actually READ FotR (which is definitely a tragedy).

I already talked about this, but I think the movie is having the opposite effect. FotR was #1 on the book charts this week... and everyone who hadn't read the books that saw the movie is going out to buy them.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Heh heh heh... it took me 5 months to get here... I think it'll be a while before I hit 2000 ;)

I bet this board has a lot more posts than many other boards out there... setting aside the usenet ones, of course. I mean, even at places like tolkienonline.com, people with 1000+ posts are rare, not to mentio 4000+ ;)

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
That's what Samor thought as well, but, as you may have noticed, his posting rate since hitting 1000 increased quite a bit. Who knows, you might too.
Yeah, it has... but I have school, whereas apparently Samor has no obligations or responsibilities whatsoever :rofl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.