Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Post your resume here (Names and specific personal information removed) if you want to.

Just curious about what people are doing in this community ^^

I'll post mine in a bit to start.

(I love to rewrite my resume every year xD, adding stuff to it helps me remember what I've achieved and where I need to improve.)

Also, we might be able to offer some suggestions and etc. to the resume and help people get some jobs and etc :thumb:

But I believe posting the template you're following for suggestion can greatly aid the quality of the resume.

Who doesn't need a job/further education career?

You can just post XXXX through out and just show your format if you want.

-Proof read what you post

-Don't post the resume if you think you cannot handle unnecessary personal info

-Remove your resume after you get what you need!

-USE ATTACHMENT FUNCTION so that you can edit delete, or replace it with white image of the same name in the future!

-DO NOT QUOTE SOMEONE ELSE'S RESUME SO THAT IT CANNOT BE REMOVED! (Your post will be asked to be removed if it happens)

Disclaimer: You are posting everything at your own risk; I hereby do NOT wish any identity theft to occur, and I am NOT responsible for any related incident.

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, Here's mine
It's the master resume, so it contains a lot of junks not tailor to anything in specific lol.
I usually kill info until I reach 1 page for usage.
(I intentionally left out some info too, aside from the blurred texts)

and I just spotted some mistakes on my resume as I'm making this thread >.>

Any suggestions on improvement will be appreciated ^^

[changed 'Concept organization' -> 'Leadership'
removed bold on 'Japanese' and 'Spanish']

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Yeah, people, this really, really smells like you're asking identity theft trouble. Please be careful with what you post on the net.

That said, half of my resume are the articles I've produced, so anyone can track that even if I just post the article names. :p

BTW, I spotted some Nenotechnology typo in there.

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, people, this really, really smells like you're asking identity theft trouble. Please be careful with what you post on the net.
-Proof read what you do lol

-Don't post the resume if you think you cannot handle it lol

But I believe posting the template you're following for suggestion can greatly aid the quality of the resume.

Who doesn't need a job/further education career?

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That said, half of my resume are the articles I've produced, so anyone can track that even if I just post the article names. :p
I am too, so I avoid papers xD
(the 'intentionally left out' info haha)

BTW, I spotted some Nenotechnology typo in there.
Please let me know! I need to fix them xD
Applying for grad school atm xD

·
7,168 Posts
Computer Graphics are two words as well :D

I will be applying for PhD Fall 2010 as well. I should be doing my GRE in the next days. I'm in Computational Biology though, but let's both work hard anyway. :p

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Computer Graphics are two words as well :D

I will be applying for PhD Fall 2010 as well. I should be doing my GRE in the next days. I'm in Computational Biology though, but let's both work hard anyway. :p
Thanks, gotta fix those, haha.

I'm applying for MA/MA E here.
I'm doing my GRE on Nov. 2nd, general, and 7th, subject.

and wish us do our best!!! ^^

oh and I believe Nanotechnology is what it is, manipulating in atomic scale.
You are right about computer graphic though xP

·
7,168 Posts
I think it'd be a good idea to delete it anyway in the next few days though, after you get whatever input you wanted.

(darned, where's the automerge when you need it)

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it'd be a good idea to delete it anyway in the next few days though, after you get whatever input you wanted.
Yep, that will be a good idea!
I'll add that to the first post.
(you might not want to use quotable links though, hence I used the attachment function)

Nice resume! but I'm not sure if it's because you trimmed it down, but chunking is lacking in the format, which prevents reader from taking in information by part.

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Changed it for attachments. Nice call there. What do you mean with the chunking though? do you mean how the titles sometimes leave a different spacing?
Yeah, chunking means the grouping of related paragraphs and idea.

The title should be far apart from the previous info and close to the body of what it includes, and the body should have spacing smaller than the preceding two or no space at all. This will help the reader to gather required information at once.

Chunking, however can also be achieved through indents, so both vertical and horizontal spacing.

It will also recommended to sort your list chronologically.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Like Proto said, I think there's a typo there, "Nenotechnology", sloppy fadz ;)
And shouldn't it be interests?

Didn't know you like Golf though, I played a bit myself as well, though never played since I got the official license, mostly due to getting out of touch with my golfing buds.

Proto, yours is quite "robotic", lots of content but all pure text. Impressive résumés for both of you though.

Anyway, I'm being a bit more cautious guys, sorry. Or maybe it's just because it doesn't look that impressive in comparison :heh:

·
7,168 Posts
Proto, what OS is you're brain running atm?
Dunno, but people used to say that I had a Pentium 4 back in the Pentium 1 days, so there. :p

BTW, I just gave a throughout read to your resume, Fadingz. In terms of content, I find it to be really good. However in terms of form, I see two main problems.

- Specially in the second and third sections, many of the subpoints you develop there seem to be fairly trivial from my POV. Maybe it's just the way I organzie things, so take this with a grain of salt, but in those sections I'd just indicate the most general activities I performed in those projects (in a one liner description). For example, "able to understand the market price of old and new pc components" seems to be a fairly trivial point to me.

- I can spot several small grammar mistakes in your text. I'd recommend you having someone whose level of English you trust to have it a look. I can give you a line per line revision if you want, but I'd prefer to wait till you revise it with some of the recommendations you get before I do that. That and a native speaker opinion would help more. :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.