Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody!

As the thread title says post gadgets and new techs that you find and would like to have.

I'll start like this.

HTC HD2 at a glance:

* General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/2100 MHz, HSDPA, HSUPA
* Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
* Dimensions: 120.5 x 67 x 11 mm, 157 g
* Display: 4.3" 65K-color TFT capacitive touchscreen, 800 x 480 pixels WVGA, multi-touch support
* Platform: Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon 1 GHz processor
* OS: Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional; HTC Sense user interface (formerly TouchFLO 3D)
* Memory: 512MB storage, 448MB RAM, microSD card slot, 2GB card included in the retail box
* Camera: 5 megapixel auto-focus camera with touch focus and dual-LED flash; [email protected] video recording
* Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
* Battery: 1,230 mAh Li-Ion; up to 6 h 20 min talk time, 490 h standby, 8 h video playback, 12 h music playback
* Misc: Built-in accelerometer and digital compass, proximity and ambient light sensors, carrying pouch in box, optional car kit
* Software: CoPilot navigation software (trial version), Wi-Fi router software, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter integration, HTC Footprints

Whoah this is some serious phone, only problem I see is Win mobile 6.5, it should have been Android and the 65k color range.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if some of you guys have noticed but the next big market is books, or better say readers.

I've heard rumors of an Apple Tablet and every manufacturer is expecting something from apple.

mockup.

Steve Jobs said people don't read any more. But Apple is in talks with several media companies rooted in print, negotiating content for a "new device." And they're not just going for e-books and mags. They're aiming to redefine print.

Intel is releasing this.

Presenting its Reader as a necessity rather than luxury, Intel has shown off its vision for how visually impaired and dyslexic people can obtain access to the written word. Combining a text-scanning camera with a text-to-speech engine (powered by an Atom inside) is certainly no bad idea, but as the video beyond the break will show you, Intel's execution isn't exactly stellar. The arrhythmic, robotic reading from Alice In Wonderland left us shaken, but what floored us was the $1,499 asking price.
What I really like is this.

They say it will ship with windows 7. It’s said to have dual folding 7inch capacitive touch-screens that can be operated by fingers or stylus for handwriting recognition and a 3mpx camera with flash on the back.

I'm not interested in the Kindle, looks primitive imo.

So that's it for now, post your comments and cool gadgets that you are interested.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
HTC HD2 will be my next phone...screw the iPhone! I just wish that it use the N wifi hardware instead...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.