Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
13,131 Posts
Slow slow slow slow slow ram. Iirc the CPU bus is 1333mhz, and you're buying ram that's 667mhz.. That's half the speed, your CPU is constantly going to be waiting on the ram. Ideally you'd want 1333mhz ram but you can't get DDR2 in that flavour so you're best off getting PC8500 (1066mhz) and if you're really adventurous overclock it.
500W will be pushing it pretty close, the GTX260 isn't exactly an economical card.. Grabbing a good quality 550W+ (Corsair TX for example) will manage.

No you don't need to worry about liquid cooling. But if you're going to be moving the cpu cooler over from your old pc, you're going to need some new thermal paste - arctic silver 5 is probably the best out there and only costs $5 or so.
He's building the pc for pcsx 2, not superpi.

The ram is fine and wont affect the speed in pcsx 2 by anything more than half an fps at most.
Same goes for pc games.

i have 2 questions. Are these parts suitable for running pcsx2 at top speeds and also good for playing modern gaming.

Also, i dont know if i should get all these parts from newegg or zipzoomfly. zipzoomfly is cheaper but i dont know if i am finding the exact same parts at both websites or if the parts from both website do the same thing . hear can someone tell me if both links for each part is essentially the same cause if it is i can save a lot of money.

somebody please help me. i know its long but i dont want to make any mistakes

2 more questions

1. Will a 500 watt power supply be suitable for a system like this?

2. Do i need to worry about adding extra cooling (such as liquid or anything like that)
Yes, the parts will work together from zipzoomfly, the pc will be good to go for games.

You don't have to worry about liquid cooling, just have good cable management and a few case fans.

500W will be fine if it's a good grade PSU

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.