Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just playing my FFVII and then I think that´s really work? then I try to remove that command, and well, I lost over 2 Fps, then I get to the response it work, but I think, if the default is -p 5 and it´s better the -p 12, why not a -p 99? let´s do it, and I do, I gain almost 210 Fps, And I think that´s the solution to all my speed probs, and try to play the game again, whit the surprise that the music was very fast, but the graphics, very slow, so, I get to de default position and, hey my games are better sync whit sound and speed, conclution: the -p 12 thing, just was giving me a fake speed, now correct me if I´m wrong but this thing just not work, only bring sync probs right? any comments, will be welcome, and in other thing, can any tell me of command lines for speed up my games?

all right thanks

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ohhh thanks people :confused:

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey people thanx for all the amount of replies you are of great help

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Dude, sorry if we can't answer your question... after all, we are only human.

If you really want to speed up your games, tell us your system specs, plugin config, etc, and we'll see what we can do.

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well maybe that´s the way, there are my system specs:

it´s an ancient system but I have at least 40-45 fps in most games

k6-2 500
64 mb ram (ready to bring up)
cd 32x (generic, you know whitout dma :p) (ready to bring up)
Sis 530 8 mb (ready to bring up) (d3d)
winME (really cares?)

Plugins specs: pete´s d3d plugin
Iori´s spu
pete´s cdr

and this is my config´s for that:
in special fixes only the pc fps calculation

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that´s for iori´s

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and for pete´s cdr just async read ahead, and no more, no sio, no spu irq hack, that´s it, how can I speed up my system? of course whitout upgrading my sys :)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
From what I can see, you need to *at least* upgrade your video card before you could see any noticeable performance increase.
I think a k62-500 with a... hmm... dunno... Voodoo3, or a TNT2 for that matter, should give you a nice boost.

One tweak I could recommend is probably set the Framebuffer Texture to 'Black - no Special effects'... should help in some games (although there's a price to pay.. hehe)

Good luck.

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,391 Posts
Yo dude, did you really leave that GFX buffer on? It sez: "Very slow, Damn slow unless you have a GeForce." Better stick to Black rendering.

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well for the gfx framebuffer, well I really don´t get a very great slow down, and whit black textures, well I only see black screens, but if it is I set it to black, and in the R8G8B8A8 I didn´t know it was for the 32 bit, I will return it to R5G5B5A1 it would help doesn´t it? and, a last question, is there a form to tweak my windows to improve speed? I am overclocking my 500 to 550 and the Cas Latency for the Ram (I think) to 2t instead of 3t, and it give me at least 5-10 fps more than normal, anything else? mmm... is there any wrong whit this overclock? any other way? thanks people

1 - 12 of 12 Posts