Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 1012 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Wow, impressive how small it is. But I'm wondering about what it can do :)
Edit: Found some info at IGN
E3 2005: Revolution Details Emerge
Two-to-three more times powerful than GameCube.
by Matt Casamassina

May 17, 2005 - New details regarding Nintendo's next-generation console, codenamed Revolution, have started to sprinkle onto the Internet. The machine, which will be revealed during Nintendo's pre-E3 2005 show on Tuesday morning in Los Angeles, will sport a slick, black design and a front blue light.

Revolution will be "two-to-three times more powerful than GameCube," according to Nintendo, which also acknowledges that the next-generation race isn't solely about new technologies. By contrast, Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is 13-15 times more powerful than the first, according to the publisher. And Sony says it's PlayStation 3 is roughly 35 times more powerful than PlayStation 2.

Nintendo also revealed that using Revolution's new Wi-Fi connection, gamers would be able to go online to a free gamer-matching service. Interestingly, in a move similar to Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade service, Revolution users will be able to download classic and new Nintendo games over the Internet. Nintendo cited such examples as Donkey Kong and Super Mario Sunshine, which suggests that Revolutionaries could have access to games for all the publisher's previous consoles.

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It's going to be the weakest, but at least it's done on purpose meaning nintendo must have other tricks up it's sleave. I hope they will reveal more about those. I think they have if they want to keep up with the other two consoles. Even though it's targeted at different types of gamers, ppl can still spend their money only once..... unfortunately :(

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
It's going to be the weakest, but at least it's done on purpose meaning nintendo must have other tricks up it's sleave. I hope they will reveal more about those. I think they have if they want to keep up with the other two consoles. Even though it's targeted at different types of gamers, ppl can still spend their money only once..... unfortunately :(
yeah... the trick is there are many nintendo fun boys arround the world ;) same tactics as sony has for its PS3... :D

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Yeah..

I'm also very curious about the price, the Cube has got a very friendly pricetag, I hope the Rev is going the same way. I still need a dvd player in my bedroom so.... :innocent:

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
-data-

# Release is sometime in 2006.

# Price is expected to be around $200 at start.

# Prototype shown is larger than final unit.

# Nintendo is still determining final colors for the console.

# All-Access Gaming, which refers to backwards compatibility to 20 years of Nintendo games, NES, SNES, N64. We don’t know particulars of how it’ll be accessed or what, if any, the cost structure might be.

# Downloadable to 512MB of flash memory.

# SD memory card slot.

# Wireless controllers.

# Two USB 2.0 ports.

# Built-in WiFi.

# WiFi used to interface with the DS.

# DS likely to enhance future games.

# Self-loading optical drive that will play 12cm Revolution discs and smaller GameCube discs

# Self-contained attachment for playing media content, including DVDs.

# No controller was shown. So even though the system looks a lot like the one leaked over the weekend,

-data-

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Yeah..

I'm also very curious about the price, the Cube has got a very friendly pricetag, I hope the Rev is going the same way. I still need a dvd player in my bedroom so.... :innocent:
Yes Revolution will play DVD's :thumb: and also this looks more like a NES and did you guys hear about the fact you can download games for NES, SNES and N64 and play them :beer: (Article)

Just one last thing for me would be the controllers, the console looks nice and sleek i hope the same goes for controllers also.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I'm not that interested in the NES games with NesterDC SE coming up for the dreamcast, but since DreamSnes is still not fullspeed the Snes games on Revolution sounds pretty awesome to me :D
Hopefully they can make it all look good and sound well just like the average emulator does: high quality sound like in Zsnes and perhaps some nice filtering and 2xSaI or that newer feature of zsnes which I forgot.

Ps. I hope that with that Snes feature, they will also add 3rd party games and not only games by Nintendo itself... And of course translated games such as Tales of Phantasia, Seiken Densetsu 3 and Bahamut Lagoon ;)

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
i guess Nintendo is using emulation :)
itd be nice if say NES and SNES were free to download while N64 games would be available for a small fee.

nway guess will have to wait and see. we still dont even know how powerfull the Rev is, which i beleive will be not as strong as Sony and Microsoft. But you never know...the price tag will surely effect the sales (in a positive way of course)

don't know if itll replace my Cube though ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I cant wait for this one , soon I get to kick someones ice in mariokart 64 . I am sure some one could hack this thing to play downloadable roms , (I dont have any though) . neat thread .

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I like it. Watched the Nintendo press conference and loved their presentation.. damn Tina Wood, she got to meet Miyamoto-san!! :cuss2: Each of their Nintendogs.. erm.. mated!

Would have been nice to see the controller or maybe a bootup sequence though.. the features listed are interesting, to say the least. I've never lost my faith in Nintendo, they always deliver. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wasn't terribly impressed with anything shown at the Nintendo press conference. But they were rather tight lipped with Revolution details so hopefully in the next few days they'll make me want one real bad. ;)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Katsuya said:
Hmmm. Looks like a Rom-drive you could put this in a customized computer case. I like that. But it will be the weakest system technologically.
Ahhh but it is 5 consoles in one...

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dpence said:
Ahhh but it is 5 consoles in one...
and? the original xbox haves many emulators and the ps2 too, they can emulate all the consoles they whant but what mathers is the games lineup.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
the system doesn't look terribly revolutionary. but like i never expected the system itself to be revolutionary. i am though expecting the controls and other extras would be the real revolution. if the revolution is emulation i'm going to be somewhat angry. Nintendo is right on one thing. the graphics wars are over on consoles.

1 - 20 of 1012 Posts