Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It takes a special kind of skill and talent to become a proficient artist and to be able to use the finest digital tools available to create modern digital masterpieces.

Well nuts to that because now is your chance to put your Microsoft Paint skills to the test in the official NGEmu Ghetto Art competition for 2009.

The competition is open to all members of ngemu of all different skill levels with the rules being straight and simple, and are as follows:

1. All artworks are to be completed in Microsoft Paint and the basic tools that lie within, image size is not important.

2. Drawing tablets are permitted

3. Enter as many art pieces as you like (in fact the more the merrier)

4. The artwork theme is to be emulation or video gaming based and an original piece by you.

5. All other programs (i.e photoshop) or any third party add-ons (if any exist) to Microsoft Paint are not permitted for usage. If works are completed using any foreign program then they will not be eligible for prizes, this is a ghetto art comp after all.
All entries that fall within this criteria will be voted for at the end of the year during the ngemu awards.

To make things a little bit more interesting there will be prizes!

First Place: A choice of either 1500 Microsoft Live points or 1000 Wii points (redeemable via gift card), a custom user title (permission pending) of "Ghetto Artist" and perhaps some shiny fancy stars for your profile.

Second Place: An original 8x10 personalized autograph of snickothemule

Third Place: A complimentary thumbs up and a good old fashioned pat on the back for good effort.
Competition winners will be PM'd to confirm which prize they would prefer. If they decline the prize then it will go to second place and if they decline it will go to the following position and so on and so forth until someone claims the prize.

Well we have until the end of the year before voting begins so go nuts and have fun. Originality will be greatly appreciated and skills of all kinds are encouraged to participate, so we look forward to seeing what you all can cook up and good luck everyone!

..........................................................................................................................
To get things rolling, here is my first entry called "The Addict", drawn using a tablet.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
To get things rolling, here is my first entry called "The Addict", drawn using a tablet.

Holy **** man, that's the funniest ****ing thing I've seen in ages. Ahahahahahaha! Fantastic. :thumb:

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
It is Paint in the Ashes using mouse to draw XD.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
forgot to post my submission xD
WoW You are the super Artist in the world!!!!!!!!!!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:eek:OoOoO

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome work Fadingz, just the kind of quality this competition needs, nice work Rockfire, fine use of the mouse there raks and lol bobrocks, absolutely brilliant Billy Mays.

Well I've begun working on my next entry and here is the first brutally rough draft. Just a rough go at getting the scaling and positioning right of the characters.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.