Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my recent browsing of various internet forums along with just a Google search, I’ve noticed that this error seems to be happening a lot lately and it’s happening is such a close time frame I started to wonder, is this another error that was just bound to happen?

Microsoft describes the problem as simply, “This behavior occurs when the Xbox 360 console experiences a hardware failure,”…yeah, no Microsoft. Now let’s really get into the problem, the professional way. Experts say that it’s an AV cable error and here is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU.

This seems to be a error that was just destined to happen. Once a Microsoft rep told me it was because of wear and tear use? Really? To repair this error it would cost $100 USD because this is not covered under the 3 year extended warranty.It would seem it should be however because this is not a “wear and tear” issue but just regular use failure.

As the problem seems to be raising a lot lately, we expect Microsoft to comment on the error…or just some more lawsuits. We’ve contacted Xbox Support but have gotten no response yet. We may even think this recent spur of events could be the cause of the new NXE.

for more info: heres the website:

Xbox Evolved - Xbox 360, Info, Reviews, Previews, Videos and more at Xbox Evolved

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Oh look, another error, another way for microsoft to get money out of people, this is starting to get a bit to obvious now. And let me guess this isnt covered under the guarantee.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
If it really is a "hardware failure", MS should replace your console.
Generally, when your console breaks not because of something that YOU have done, but because of the console itself being defective, it doesn't actually matter if your warranty ran out or not, MS will take it back.
The problem may not be widespread enough for customer service to be aware of it yet, so they may not deal with your problem like they should. But if MS hears enough about it, they should react accordingly and eventually tell them to repair your console anyway.
(I don't think that they have much of a choice either.)

Now : If it's really a new problem with the 360, that's lame like hell.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
The way I have seen some people treat their consoles is beyond a joke, like having them stuffed in areas with dust and no ventilation, inside cupboards or under a pile of towels when they start getting all ****ty about how it doesn't work correctly it begins to grind my gears.

If you keep the 360 well ventilated it tends to run fine. By no means is the console a complete and utter failure and something to avoid. Saying that though, if this is a new error on microsofts behalf, there is no reason that it can't be repaired under the 3 year warranty. If it fails in that time, microsoft should fix it.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,012 Posts
Oh look, another error, another way for microsoft to get money out of people, this is starting to get a bit to obvious now. And let me guess this isnt covered under the guarantee.
Yes. Errors are definitely how microsoft makes money. That's only why they lost $4 Billion dollars due to the pricing of their console being lower than the cost and replacing defective consoles with the Red Ring of Death. I think they only started making money on 360's like a year ago... :p silly rabbit

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
:rotflmao: Failsoft strikes again!:thumb:

I feel sorry for all the guys who are actually suffering from fails of Failsoft. But what can you do when Failsoft bribes game companies to make games exclusively for their failbox... And when those games come to PC Failsoft strikes its second strike and tries to make them Vista exclusive! ...Luckily it hasn't been succesful so far!:evil:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
err... regular use = wear and tear.

someone should smack that noob.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,012 Posts
I'm pretty sure microsoft covers it as long as you aren't playing baseball with your xbox... might take a while to get back... and if people would learn to not enclose the damn thing and allow it some ventilation i'm sure errors would go down about 3 fold... most of my friends have them running in a cabinet of some sort... with no ventilation... i've had mine for a year and never had a hiccup.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
err... regular use = wear and tear.

someone should smack that noob.
Um... we live in a world where there are still people who think they are cool for being able to use a PC, Squall. :p And there are still classes to teach you how to properly press the power button on a computer case. When you think of it that way...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Um... we live in a world where there are still people who think they are cool for being able to use a PC, Squall. :p And there are still classes to teach you how to properly press the power button on a computer case. When you think of it that way...
I for one went to one of these classes, and i still cant find the on buttion, let alone the any key.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
The 360 is not that bad. If you go through four, use the consoles to hold up your coffee table.
What? Microsoft always exchanged my dead consoles with new ones. :p The latest one I got back from them is really miraculous. It RROD'ed twice (3 rings) and then it came back to life when I left it alone for half an hour.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts