Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
11 of september, 7 of July, which will be the next date to remmember with great grief and fear. The world is in a horrible state now, soon people will be afraid to go anywhere in the world.

Europe, USA, what's next Asia or Australia?

The terrorists goals are to make everyone scared, and afraid, what is happening to the world? will it turn into a place with security checks just to buy milk or get on a bus?

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Here are some details
London Terror Attacks Kill at Least Eight, Cripple Transport
July 7 (Bloomberg) -- Terrorists set off a series of bombs across London's subway system in the financial district and on a bus in the center of the capital, killing at least eight people and shutting down all public transportation.

``It's reasonably clear that there have been a series of terrorist attacks in London,'' U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair said at the Group of Eight summit, which began today in Gleneagles, Scotland. ``Our determination to defend our values is greater than theirs to impose extremism. Whatever they do, it is our determination that they will never succeed.''

Seven explosions occurred, starting at 8:50 a.m. local time, at financial district Underground stations, including Liverpool Street, Moorgate and Aldgate East, police said. Casualties were on a bus that exploded near Russell Square, a firefighter said. Nobody claimed responsibility for the attacks, which come a day after London was awarded the 2012 Olympics.

Five explosive devices were found on the subway network, an unidentified firefighter said. Explosions were also reported at Kings Cross and Edgware Road stations in central London.

``Health services are in support to deal with the terrible injuries that there have been,'' Home Secretary Charles Clarke told reporters in London. ``I want to express sympathy on behalf of the whole government to the families and friends of those who have been injured,'' Clarke said.

UBS AG evacuated one of its buildings near Liverpool Street. About 320,000 people commute to the financial area to work each day.

``I heard a big bang,'' said Loyita Worley, 49, who was traveling between Aldgate and Liverpool Street and had soot around her nose and mouth. ``The lights went out on the train and ash began to fall. I smelt a burning smell. Some people were panicking and I heard people shouting and crying for help.''

Stocks, Pound Slide

European stocks and U.S. stock-index futures fell after the blasts. The U.K. pound, the dollar and bond yields also slid.

The G-8 summit began in Gleneagles today and is scheduled to last until tomorrow. The leaders of Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy Japan, Russia and the U.S. are attending the summit to discuss the economy, aid to Africa and climate change. Today's explosions follow celebrations in London yesterday after the city won its bid to host the 2012 Olympic Games.

There are about 1,000 London Metropolitan Police officers on duty at the G-8 summit, said Ruth Copperthwaite, a spokeswoman for Scotland's Tayside Police. There are no plans to send them back early at the moment, she said.

London residents should ``stay exactly where you are until the situation clears,'' said Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair in a statement. ``The most serious casualties are already in treatment.''

A spokesman said London Fire Brigade was called to an explosion at Liverpool Street and blasts at ``a number'' of locations. A police spokesman said a blast occurred just before 9 a.m. local time at Aldgate station.

`Panicking'

London Ambulance Service initially sent four vehicles to Liverpool Street, a spokesman said. The service then sent ambulances to other locations in central London. ``There was panicking inside,'' said Samantha Fletcher, who was stuck in a train for about an hour between Cannon Street and Tower Hill stations. Offices around Aldgate were closed.
I may respect Stalin and various tyrants in the past because of why they did what they did as they did it to further thier cause, but I will never respect terrorists.
They seem to think that destroying something random and not related to thier cause will help them,they think that if America bombs Iraq all Westerners need to be punished, they can't se that they will only get bombed even more

·
Heh...
1,905 Posts
ChankastRules said:
11 of september, 7 of Juli, which will be the next date to remmember with great grief and fear. The world is in a horrible state now, soon people will be afraid to go anywhere in the world.

Europe, USA, what's next Asia or Australia?

The terrorists goals are to make everyone scared, and afraid, what is happening to the world? will it turn into a place with security checks just to buy milk or get on a bus?
Don't forget the Madrid bombings of last year that killed a lot of people.

Also the Bali bombings of 2002 that killed over 200 people.

·
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't forgotten them at all, each terror bombing is just as horrible. They strike at places where they can kill as many innocents as possible.

·
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're not, with the cell structure of the different terrorists groups it's impossible to tell what state they're in.

·
Registered
907 Posts
u know what? I hope u all know the first C & C
When i played the game it was like: ".. oh my.. a Global Terror Organisation.. such thing woudl never REALLY happen... a GLOBAL DEfense Initiative.. LOL what a laughable thing..."
O_O
Now we have Global Terror Org. when will they strike using small nukes? man man .. this GOT to be a bad movie...
wbr Shin Gouki

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah this very scary thing that is happening around the world. Countries like USA and other countries gotta understand when you oppress people, those people have nothing to lose you get results like this. Terrorism is very scary thing. What i dont understand is why they are attacking innocent people. If anything they should attack people that they think are oppressing them not innocent bystanders. Its very sad day and I hope justice for the dead is taken. A cause is one thing but stuff like this is going to far.

·
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The most ironic thing is that they might as well have killed 40 people that are against the war and activily trying to protest against it.

I mean seeing as how atleast 50% is completely against it in England.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Player-X said:
I may respect Stalin and various tyrants in the past because of why they did what they did as they did it to further thier cause, but I will never respect terrorists.
???

I fail to see how starving and executing 20 million of your own people is less morally reprehensible than suicide bombings against innocent civilians. Stalin was a paranoid, megalomaniac monster who was just as worse as Hitler (probably more so).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin#Death_toll

On a side note, terrorism is a political tool. Killing "X" amount of terrorists isn't going to solve the problem because there will always be a supply of willing participants willing to blow themselves up. Like Proto says, solving the undermining problem which fuels terrorism is a less sexier, but more effective method than blowing sh** up.

My condolences to the London victims.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
On a side note, terrorism is a political tool. Killing "X" amount of terrorists isn't going to solve the problem because there will always be a supply of willing participants willing to blow themselves up. Like Proto says, solving the undermining problem which fuels terrorism is a less sexier, but more effective method than blowing sh** up.
That I can agree with if by terrorism you mean using it's memory to scare a population to bend to your will I will agree, the politicans will always take the flashyer way to "eliminate" it just to gain support and prehaps knowingly make more terrorists in the process so that the informed people will support them

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
the funny thing is, we're growing immune to terrorism.. every attack only dulls our senses to it and thus makes us just that much less afraid every attack. As america and other nations that were previously unaffected are quickly learning just to shut it out of their mind as quickly as possible and to get on with their lives as usual the terrorists causes arn't getting any further. I am liking the response out of the brittish people. They seem defiant towards them and won't let the terrorists have their way much unlike the Spanish who fell down on their knees and sucked terrorist cock and begged for forgiveness.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Update to the situation:
Statement claiming London attacks

The BBC has located an Islamist website that has published a 200-word statement issued by an organisation saying it carried out the London bombings. The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group is previously unknown.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."
Anyone can claim to be al-Queda and people will place the blame on them and make it seem better that every other suicide bomber take that name

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
USA and england gave plenty of warning to iraq and afganistan, we must be excused. :p

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

·
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They just say that so they can sleep at night, and feel better with themselves. Also they'd still be bombing whatever there was troops in Afghanistan and Iraq or not. The goal of Al-Qaida is to punish everyone who helps the judes in Israel, the attacks on Afghanistan and Iraq just makes it easier to recruit people, so Al-Qaida would want to see more of that.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Basicly you ment when people try to eliminate terrorism they are actuaily contributing to the problem right?
I that case I would agree with you

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
it goes both ways. if they don't like it they should stop preaching it.

Player-X said:
I think they were reffering to themselves not the govements

1 - 20 of 27 Posts