Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mmmm, very nice emulator (Project64), running Zelda: OOT and Zelda: MOM almost perfectly. No drop in speed, have not seen it go below 60FPS yet (using DirectX plugin). Sound is very slightly jumpy in Zelda: MOM, but definatley better than any other N64 emulator, in my opinion. And it includes save states too!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i only get a drop in fps when i wwitch to RGB emulation from direct 3D... i think its my graphic card that has a flaw.. voodoo cards are great for games running on glide but on D3d it aint that great ... wel anyways im going out to buy a geoforce card so brb in a while :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just came from the shop i buy my hardware from and he's out of geo force cards :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .....
he said ill have to wait three days :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( .. Hey lewpy if you are reading this man will you be kind enough to start wroking on a glide plugin for the pr64 emu pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... I know you have the potential for it and that is why i'm asking you for such a thing..

·
Registered
358 Posts
Originally posted by ice2hot

how do i fond out whether the rom i have is a good dump or a bad dump cause my friend dumped it on his cpu from his n64 Zelda MOM catridge onto is cpu and then gave me the file to check it out on this emu.. so what should i do nowww :confused: :confused: :confused:
try GoodXXXX tools....

S

·
0 Posts
Pj64 run perfectly on my system too. Full speed, perfect sound, fantastic graphics. Unfortueately, all I have is Zelda-Ocarina of time.
I'll have to find Zelda MM and try it. Does anyone know if this one plays Gauntlet Legends for the N64?
My system Athlon T-Bird 1.2ghz, GEForce 2 GTS, Soundblaster Live,
128 megs of PC133 mem, 266 FSB, and Win 98 First Edition.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
No, PJ64 does not run Guantlet Legends..

The Zelda games are one of the better running games on PJ64...FYI, stick with the D3D plugin, it has a higher compat than the OpenGL one..

PJ64 is great, but it's slow, don't expect great speeds with a low-end system..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i played around with deadlus and it looks pretty good . The compataility list is surely big and nice . One problem though i dont know if its me or the emu itself; it had no sound even for games which had a UCODE=1 which it stated that the audio plugin will work with ab1 ucode so i went ahead and tried out gex : enter the gecko.and to my dissapointment still no sound .. so can anyone tryi it out and let me know...
. the emu plays the games at a very nice speed even zelda MOM but the main problem is that the audio plugin does not support games which do not have a UCODE=1 and zelda MOM is UCODE=5 so thats alll ....waiting for ure updates ppl ..thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by ice2hot
i played around with deadlus and it looks pretty good . The compataility list is surely big and nice . One problem though i dont know if its me or the emu itself; it had no sound even for games which had a UCODE=1 which it stated that the audio plugin will work with ab1 ucode so i went ahead and tried out gex : enter the gecko.and to my dissapointment still no sound .. so can anyone tryi it out and let me know...
. the emu plays the games at a very nice speed even zelda MOM but the main problem is that the audio plugin does not support games which do not have a UCODE=1 and zelda MOM is UCODE=5 so thats alll ....waiting for ure updates ppl ..thanks in advance
You've got tu use azimer's audio plugin.
I've attached it to the post.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
It is a bad dump.

Other emus will play bad dumps but since they are bad dumps, they will eventually not work, or have errors, PJ64 will not do this.
It's not a bad dump since I can play it with the Direct 3d plugin.
I think it comes from the fact that the OGL plugin only supports 2 microcode when the Direct 3d one suport 4 microcode.
Bye.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Originally posted by Raziel

You've got tu use azimer's audio plugin.
I've attached it to the post.
ive already got the plugin mate and it aint no good. I used the tr64 audio plugin and the sound is pretty good for UCODE=1 based games ...thanks anyway for your help

·
Registered
775 Posts
As Raziel said it's not a bad dump, because I also checked the Opengl and it gave the same errors as Raziel, but when using the D3D it worked perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I guess we just have to wait for a new version of the plugin to use OGL.

C

·
0 Posts
*yawn* The bad dump I was referring to was not yours, thanks for observing that.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
What the hell are u guys talking about.What is this emu.....I might be living in the stoneage.but cab someone explian me what is this emu....what sort of games it plays....are they better then ps or not....

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hi,don't throw away your voodoo,
I have been having graphic problems with this great emu p64 with my voodoo3
card as most of you are having the same problems with your voodoo cards.
Well i was just messing about with direct 3d settings with a d3d uitly
i just downloded the other day.Anyway few minutes ago most of the graphics
gliches went and now most of the games with graphic problems have vanished
and now most of the games look 90 to 100 percent perfect.Even gelda 2
looks 98 percent perfect the,text,fog,layers all look great now with my voodoo3
and very playable and speed has increased.
YES, it was a fluke i still am not sure what settings i changed in the d3d util
to change the graphics so much with few clicks.Well i had a little go at what i did,
and the only thing i have noticed one setting on the 3d util ,which is called
"adavance agp enable or disable", by deafault it is enabled.So when you run p64 emu
with advance enabled the graphics are all messed up as before.But when you run p64
advance disabled "hey presto" the graphic are perfect.I hope this will help all of
you trying to get your voodoo's working.I don't have much time,so i hope you lot
will have a go with this 3d util and see you can get same result and may be even
improve it for all of us to try.I hope the webmaster don't mind puting a link
for you to download this util called "directcontrol 5.5" its a freeware.You
can get it at http://home.gci.net/~bgalm.

got this news from pr64's forum

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.