Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need For Speed Most Wanted:

When NFS went to the underground franchise, I started to dislike it. There were no Ferraries, Mclarens, Lambs and mercs.....and only crap :p

People liked that but I didn't. For some reason, the Hot Pursuit 2 PS2 version remained my favourite NFS to date and the other NFSs that followed it never impressed me. But now......just what I may have wanted! EE HAW!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/602/602976p1.html?fromint=1

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
at last :D police, it's realy that thing which I missed in previous NFSU games (as most of players :p)

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, you real don't feel like a "bad guy in a cool car" till you've got cops on yer back!

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
nice to see they're bringing back some of the good old fun. I know which cars I'll be driving most ;)

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
sounds good to me, especially if that means the mclaren leaving the skyline in the dust ;)

I'm wondering which version I'd have to go for this time around. I wasn't too happy with the slowdows on my pc with NFSU2 (it was bareable though) so I'm going with either a ps2 or ds version this time.

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lesse if all the versions are same, because they were not in case of NFS HP2. Would you believe HP2 is still my favourite NFS to date....and is the only racer on my shelf...amongst my oldest DVDs :p

Underground2 lasted less than 2 hours and NFSU managed a day. Burnout3 earned lotsa respect, but its just not has that NFS touch to it.

And Hanamichi, kill me for this: NFS OWNZ GT :p

·
Prince of Persia
1,105 Posts
^yeah I can't stand need for NFSU 2 too, even the racing might be better, the whole thing about racing to your opponent felt like more like nuissance than fun.

NFSU 1, was preaty good. I had fun with it and actually beat it.

NFS HP2, was good game, the PC port sucked... :(

I hope the next NFS goes back to its roots after this... What ever happened to the pic of the Porsche in the beautiful Next gen graphics. :(

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
wow, I thought I was the only one who hated the underground crap...I'm sorry, but taking the fun out of a game, just so you can put a blue light under your car wasn't worth it to me. I want some nice tracks that aren't all at night, and some nice car's that a true women would want you for (thinks of his imagenary F-50 outside). And don't forget about those cops coming at you...that's some true fun right there...I'm glad they are bringing it back.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Zapages said:
NFS HP2, was good game, the PC port sucked... :(
(
What was wrong with it? Was the console version better?
I like all the Need for Speed titles, I have every one except NFSU2 for the PC, I have NFSU2 for the Gamecube... I'm not sure I'll buy NFSU2 for the PC, at least not for a long time...

I was pretty dissapointed I can't use my Playstation USB controllers for NFSU on the PC. I really prefer them over the sidewinder....

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
Paratech said:
What was wrong with it? Was the console version better?
yup, but only the ps2 version. It was developed by the team that later did NFSU1/2 for all platforms, whereas the xbox, pc and gc versions were ported/finished by a different team.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Aided Onslaught said:
wow, I thought I was the only one who hated the underground crap...I'm sorry, but taking the fun out of a game, just so you can put a blue light under your car wasn't worth it to me. I want some nice tracks that aren't all at night, and some nice car's that a true women would want you for (thinks of his imagenary F-50 outside). And don't forget about those cops coming at you...that's some true fun right there...I'm glad they are bringing it back.
F (ferrari) 50?? tuned?? with cops?? no chance for police, unless they'll be able to make baricades :p

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paratech said:
What was wrong with it? Was the console version better?I like all the Need for Speed titles, I have every one except NFSU2 for the PC, I have NFSU2 for the Gamecube... I'm not sure I'll buy NFSU2 for the PC, at least not for a long time...

only the PS2 version was better. It had much better soundtrack, the graphics ....or in other words the sense of speed was better in it and the cops were waaaaaaaaaay more aggressive. The point system was really cool, it had more cars, and most importantly, it had the EXTREME GAMEPLAY mode which really made your cars fly.

Say, does the PC or other console versions had the choopers firing rockets besides dropping barrels? They were also dropping spike strips randomly, but you really have to fry them with your speed for that ;)

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
Ign.com said:
Users will also be able to go head-to-head with their opponents while simultaneously trying to avoid more than six different police cars at once through a dynamically changing open-ended world. An interesting aside to this is that police chases themselves are said to be more strategic than they were before.
plus a tuned McLaren + NOS (maybe), this time it'll be a blast. not that i don't like NFS:U series, but i prefer a more underground feeling like cops and stuff.

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok what do you ppl expect from this?

Well, I want the big cars back like Ferrari, Mclaren, Lamourghini etc etc....non looping race tracks, environments other than wet nightt streets (add these too but add some more places too) and asfar as modding is concerned....it can go a cool way in story mode. Like you get a simple street car and mod it and make it go up against the mighty beasts owned by Da Bad guys. I mean really, it'd feel more than awesome to out race a ferrari with my modded machine! and with cops being really aggressive....give them apaches!!!! And as far as barriers are concerned, I think they chouls add police characters too who would be aiming from behind the cars and then they would dive in different directions as we smash through the barricade!

Hmm, let the wishes fly ;)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Meh, I'd like a Need for Speed game based around a city, but with massive city limits in order to get the country side like races. You have every car all the way from a '83 Trueno to the Ford Focus to the Nissan Skyline, to the Audi TT, etc.... You'd have every type of car, not just the tuner cars. It'd have the cops in as well.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
I've been disliking the NFS series since NFS Hot Pursuit 2. Way too much scripting and repetitive gameplay. The last NFS game I really liked was High Stakes. It would be good to bring the cops back, although they should do so in a good way (not have them appear at random and scripted like in HP2). Based on the current trend though, I'm not really looking forward to a new NFS game.

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
Syed Fawad said:
Lesse if all the versions are same, because they were not in case of NFS HP2. Would you believe HP2 is still my favourite NFS to date....and is the only racer on my shelf...amongst my oldest DVDs :p

Underground2 lasted less than 2 hours and NFSU managed a day. Burnout3 earned lotsa respect, but its just not has that NFS touch to it.

And Hanamichi, kill me for this: NFS OWNZ GT :p

/me stabs Fawad with a steering lock.
/me refuses to participate anymore than that in a NFS OWNZ GT Thread. :D

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hanamichi said:
/me stabs Fawad with a steering lock.
/me refuses to participate anymore than that in a NFS OWNZ GT Thread. :D
YOu don wanna participate? What, you scared?!

*Burns han's Subaru with a McLaren with NoS :evil: *

1 - 20 of 30 Posts