Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by 0123456789
their in wav files is there a way to make em what they gotta be
put simply no.
Wav format is big, clunky and can be copied easily.
Developers usually hide the sounds and music inside a STR or BIN file so that they cannot be ripped from the game easily.
It may be that because the Music in Wipeout3 was made by independant artists (Chemical Brothers/Sasha), that the developers were not allowed (By Law) to Hide/Compress the Files.
Plus I guess we'll just have to wait until they release an SPU with support for wav's, which may not happen...who knows?

· Registered
14 Posts
hey if you really need the Wip3out music whilst playing the game then you could:
Copy the wav files from the CD onto your HD.
Convert them to MP3.
Create a playlist.
Set Playlist to Repeat.
Play the Playlist :D
Start ePSXe....
Run Wip3out.
It's all legal BTW.

· Registered
1,087 Posts
lol!
whats going on here!?!?!?
music in wipeout comes in the form of CD-audio.
i didnt figure out what to do properly, but heres what i did:
i played the game as ISO-file, while the wiondows CD-player was playing my game-disc as audio-CD, thereas i had the music while playing (oh well, its not like that music is something special anyway...) ^_^

· Registered
9,992 Posts
IIRC the in game music for wipeout is cdda. Hence switching in enable cdda should fix it. However this is not recommended in win2K/XP due a bug which will slow down cd access considerably. The workaround is to use the internal W2k plugin until it's fixed in the next version

· old-timer
1,342 Posts
i have winXP and i have CDDA ennabled with eternal's spu, and haven't run into any trouble yet. and wipeout music plays fine. but how do i stop the game from crashing when i want to save? it freezes, i push f4 and f5 and then then emulator crashes. is this a known bug, any work arounds? I remember it freezing when i had win98 too, it just didn't crash. not much of a difference though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.