Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It freezes right after teisel gets kidnapped. Ive gotten it to work past that but then the cutscene for the bank robbery mission for when you have servbots investigate a house freezes the game as well. And finally it freezes when you load the CRAB crate in mission two.

Any ideas what settings i should be using?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a virtual drive right? I tried setting it to daemon tools and it loaded but still freezes at the crab crate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Downloaded, used, doesn't work from either iso or cd. Still freezes when i try and exit mission two and at the 4th crate/ crab crate.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what does it do on other emulators or other versions of epsxe? are you loading from save states or memory card saves?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Memory card, and it freezes if i don't choose to skip the opening boss cutscene and if i try and finish mission 2.

Currently using pete's open gl2 on an ATI card

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try playing it on another emulator to see if the same thing happens, it doesnt really matter which, just test it on something other than epsxe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PSXEVEN doesn't even boot it so i'm just going to play this on my ps2. Let me know if any of you can run this game ok?

·
Registered
258 Posts
It probably has the same copyright protection megaman legends 2 does. Maybe there's a patch for it. MML2 won't boot in pSX and I think PSXEVEN also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well there we go, finally an answer from someone that makes sense. Give me a heads up if you find that patch ok?

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
lol i know the ntsc u version of megaman legends 2 works in psx becuase i use ti to play and i use the ntsc bios as well so i odnt know what your talking about it not working.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
if that is true and it does have some sort of copy protection then try making an image of the disc in .ccd/.img/.sub format and mount on a virtual drive, as that format usually gets around it. make sure all 3 files are kept in the same directory and then mount the .img file and see if it works or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have exactly the same trouble and I tried all that has been suggested in this thread and nothing. Is there something else we can try?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
look i spent hours playing many different configurations and there is no solution, it has issues on epsxe, ssspsx helps alleviate them but not all and it wont work any other emu...

i never knew mml2 had a copy protection i played a dump which i made myself and it worked perfectly with epsxe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, guys! I used to have several problems in this game, but I already got it fixed 100%! And it plays smoothly without any cut scenes, skipping dialogues, the menu works perfectly fine! :) I know this thread died in years. But, I do hope some people are still playing this wonderful game. :D

All I did was I ran the .cue file instead of the .ccd one. I did not change any settings on my plugins or whatsoever. But, if you're curious in what settings I used, then here it is:

Emulator used: ePSXe 1.7.0
Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.17

Resolution & Colors:
Fullscreen mode: 800 x 600 Color depth: 16 Bit
Window mode: off (320x240)
Stretching: Stretch to full window size
Dithering: No

Framerate:
Transparent FPS display: Off
Show FPS display on startup: Off
Use FPS limit: On
Auto-detect FPS/Frame skipping limit: On