Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend Kyoko recommended this game to me. She is a big action fan (she’s the one who put me on to Max Payne)

I’m not a big fan violent games… but I keep playing them don’t I? (Primarily because of Kyoko) :rolleyes:

The game visuals are good for the most part. Lots of normal-mapping and shader techniques are used to good effect. (To use the game’s highest quality setting you must have an SM3.0 capable videocard.)

Unfortunately some of the textures are a bit low-res and the models are made of very few polygons making some of the joints on characters look somewhat bizarre. So, overall nothing great but also nothing too bad. As for what version to get… unless you have an exceptionally good computer (with controller pad) you may want to get a console version (all versions of the game look very much the same)

The sound could use a bit more variety.

The Gameplay is essentially a copy of Max Payne with the Kung fu 3.0 mod only much more improved. However the gun aiming system is similar to another game. Namely “Oni” (a fairly unknown game by the creators of HALO)

If you enjoy action games or the matrix (or both) give this game a try.

(Side note: I may not finish this game as I do not believe in the glorification of killing police officers and other innocent personnel)

All screens are in-game engine with quality setting at 10 except for the latest 2 (parts from the original movie)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Actually they're not all ingame engine :p The first 6 are from an FMV

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, but you are mistaken, that is in game. To prove this just change the quality settings and change the resolution you will then see that it is in fact the game engine.

Metalmurphy said:
Actually they're not all ingame engine :p The first 6 are from an FMV

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Sorry but im not, if u played the PC version u'll know it couse u dont get the resolution u chosen in the options, and as soon as the FMV finishes so does the resolution change ;), plus u can notice the FMV jaggies

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you are missing something… Look at the following images and compare them to my first set. You should see how far the quality has degraded.

(All screens are in-game engine with quality setting at 1)

Metalmurphy said:
Sorry but im not, if u played the PC version u'll know it couse u dont get the resolution u chosen in the options, and as soon as the FMV finishes so does the resolution change ;), plus u can notice the FMV jaggies

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hum ur right, for some reason the game didnt save my resolution so i thought it was an FMV, also when u actually gain control of the game (to choose the pill) theres a drastic lightning change that made me think that it had changed from FMV to ingame :p oh and i could have sweared that i saw jaggies :p

Oh well sorry again. ur completly right.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is ok. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes (even me) ;)

Metalmurphy said:
Hum ur right, for some reason the game didnt save my resolution so i thought it was an FMV, also when u actually gain control of the game (to choose the pill) theres a drastic lightning change that made me think that it had changed from FMV to ingame :p oh and i could have sweared that i saw jaggies :p

Oh well sorry again. ur completly right.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
(Side note: I may not finish this game as I do not believe in the glorification of killing police officers and other innocent personnel)
1. It's a game.
2. You can't kill what doesn't exist.

Neo: I thought it wasn't real
Morpheus: Your mind makes it real
Neo: If you're killed in the matrix, you die here?
Morpheus: The body cannot live without the mind
So yeah, it isn't real.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Regulus said:
1. It's a game.
3. There is no spoon

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
The patch wont let me play :(

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Regulus said:
1. It's a game.

Neo: I thought it wasn't real
Morpheus: Your mind makes it real
Neo: If you're killed in the matrix, you die here?
Morpheus: The body cannot live without the mind

So yeah, it isn't real.
Its strange how you put up a quote you really don’t even understand.

If you pay attention to what Morpheus is saying. The world is fake, but the person is real. So every time Neo kills a human in the matrix he murders someone in the real world.

Reichfuher said:
3. There is no spoon
Actually, it is in the game... somewhere. ;)

Viper_Viper said:
The patch wont let me play :(
Why? Can you elaborate on what is it?

Guyver2K5 said:
did the patch improve the speed and gfx for anyone?
Why have you not Installed it?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Its strange how you put up a quote you really don’t even understand.

If you pay attention to what Morpheus is saying. The world is fake, but the person is real. So every time Neo kills a human in the matrix he murders someone in the real world.
If you pay attention to what I am saying, I posted that to be a pun, since you somehow think the game is real. The game is fake, the cops are fake, and Neo is fake. It isn't glorifying the killing of cops unless you feel the urge to go kill a real cop. If you do that, I'd say you have bigger problems than a game. That isn't real.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Regulus said:
If you pay attention to what I am saying, I posted that to be a pun,
It seems that you are not very good at making puns ;) (Amusing ones at least)

Regulus said:
since you somehow think the game is real.
If you read my review at the top you will see that the game is real. It has been released on Playstation 2, Xbox and PC. Depending on where you live. You can go to a store and purchase it. It is unquestionably a real game --> http://www.atari.com/thematrixpathofneo/

Regulus said:
The game is fake, the cops are fake, and Neo is fake.
The game was released on 11/07/05. The police officers are rendered with the game engine. Neo is also rendered in real time with game engine. (I established this with Metalmurphy in the above posts)

Regulus said:
It isn't glorifying the killing of cops
Video Games glorify whatever violence or action they are depicting. Whether it’s the killing of Police Officers, Zombies, Zombie Police Officers, or large walking mushrooms (easier to fight with fire flowers) one might say the game also glorifies wearing sunglasses all the time. Which is absurd (just try wearing sunglasses at night)

Regulus said:
unless you feel the urge to go kill a real cop. If you do that, I'd say you have bigger problems than a game. That isn't real.
Sir, (or madam) if you are having violent or delusional thoughts I suggest you seek mental help immediately. Hurting yourself or others is not the answer (especially a Police Officer)

(Side note: the game’s existence is “not” a delusion. it is in fact a real video game)

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Samor said:
If I may comment on the graphics - Some textures used are nice, but you're right about the polygons... it looks like an older (2002?) game... like the first max payne or something.
I would have to agree with you. It looks (and feels) like a very good Max Payne modification. ) however that was likely not the developers intention. another game that expectedly should have had a bit more time to expand (perhaps they should have worked on a next-gen console instead?)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.