Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
EarthBound lets you talk to/go anywhere in the ending, which racks up the ending time at about four hours (if you're insane enough to want to talk to/go everywhere). As far as the actual ending goes, I don't think there's anything as long as FF VI's.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
If memory serves (and usually it doesn't...), you can play blackjack at the end of FFIX, which also prolongs the ending if you actually play the minigame.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
hmmm....Wild Arms 2 had quite a long ending too....i think it clocked at around 13-15 minutes.

S

·
0 Posts
There was a game (I don't remember the name) that, after you finished it, you could play a complete end mini game. The mini game allwoed you to dertmine what happened to your characters after the main game was done. The mini game took about 4 to 5 hours to complete. How about that for a long ending?
BTW, this isn't Earthbound (for the SNES) that I'm talking about either.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Was it Lunar 2? :) it had quite an epilogue.....you could say it was part of the ending. :p

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Not the longest ending, but Terranigma's ending (SNES) was the SADDEST and BEST I've seen. I cried. The only other game that made me cry was FF8, tho not as much ;). It's ending was quite long, tho.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
definitely Final Fantasy VIII. :) after beating Ultimecia final form, just sit back and enjoy the view. :)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Since you specified what you were looking for, definitely FF VIII. Heck, the ending was better than the game.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think Vagrant story is a very long one (and coll, you don't ever expect that happens what happens there)

although there wasn't any FMV so far

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
How cares about the longest , when the question should be wish game has the best ending . Well of course until now it would be FF8 , foloud by Chrono Trigger and MGS .

·
Registered
230 Posts
If I recall Suikkoden, not sure if 1 or 2, had a somewhat long ending on it. Could be wrong it's been a while since the last time i beat it. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Ozmosis256
I say Vagrant Story, FFVI (III!), and MGS all have long, cool endings.
MGS was really nice. BTW Which one was the real ending? The one where Meryl lives or dies? From MGS2 demo, since Snake had the stealth suit, it seems likely that Meryl's dead. I'm just speculating, though :D

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
ah, that "good ending". Took me 86 hours total to find 'em all without the aid of a walkthrough. :p The hardest one to find was the vampire-looking one in the cave late in the game....forgot the name, but he was deep in that damn cave alrigght....found him only because i got lost in the cave's mazes. :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts