Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
uhh, while i dont see anything wrong with posting ideas, posting 3 different copies in 3 different threads is NOT a good idea. Expect to have 2 of them closed.

· Registered
340 Posts
Im with Hairybudda. I don't think it would be very hard to come up with the basic system (everything minus the netcode). CD ripping MAY be availble through a 3rd party library if you dont want to code one yourself (I wouldnt have the first clue on how to do it). VB would have most of the stuff built in otherwise (netcode included there).

· Registered
340 Posts
i think that once the frontend has been around enough, users would have contributed and compiled enough gamecovers, that it could be released as a huge lump zip and released through torrent. i wouldnt mind seeding.
I think 1 big zip file with all this info may be a little much, but I dunno. Its mainly text and jpgs (hopefully, we would have to put a limit on that) so it wouldnt be so bad to distribute. We could also have this as a separate, optional package.

· Registered
340 Posts
man, you really get to work fast, if you need any help, let me know. (ive done some work in VB.net, probebly nothing that would help)

· Registered
340 Posts
I'm not sure to be honest. i think he was drunk when he did whatever it is he did
Lol, i know he got into a spat with moomoomoo on the fourms (look for the thread), but i dont think that resulted in anything.

· Registered
340 Posts
If i can get the source of what hairybudda already has, Ill pick up and do some things with it. However, im not going to be able to have it fully working by myself (im hoping hairybudda and i can partner together)

· Registered
340 Posts
As far as configuration goes, are you wanting game specific settings? or will 1 set of settings for all games be ok.

· Registered
340 Posts
Ive been tinkering getting something setup in Visual Basic 6 (i think moomoomoo may help also, ill let him decide). Right now, it doesnt do anything (and probebly wont be ready for an actual release for a while), but ive been doing a lot of GUI work to make sure everything looks good on different resolutions. There is also some customlazation things (sp), mainly just background color (no pics yet). I usually have a semi updated build at http://gameman733.serveftp.com/launcher.exe if you want to have a look around and make suggestions, just keep in mind that most stuff wont be working.

· Registered
340 Posts
Ok, its time for an update. Ive been hard at work coding (meaning half coding, half playing enemy territory :)) and ive run into a few barriers. I need someone who has expirence working with ISO files and someone who has expirence working with directInput. Right now, I can grab the information from a mySQL database with the gameID, (speaking of which, does anyone have access to host a database? its a simple table with 2 or 3 pictures per gameid i have and some text) and display the information in the labels. It still doesnt actually launch epsxe yet, because i need to get the ISO stuff done first.

Anyway, if you can help in some way, i would appreciate it. Just pm me on the forums, or drop by #ngemu at efnet to contact me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.