Next Generation Emulation banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,020 Posts
My weight has increased back around 5-6kg after i stop exercises for almost 5 months.

I became very unhealthy for many months (since my GF moved to live with me! lol), eat a lot, no exercises, sleep very late (stay up to 2-4am).

I post here today to mark today is the first day of my next 6 months non stop exercises routine again (i probably will get marriaged next year and have a wedding dinner, so it is time to make myself fit again :p )

Go Go Go!!!!!!!!

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Next phase of my recovery is understanding the importance of minerals.

Vitamin B1 is super important, although it is prevalent in a lot of foods it is something that is easily broken down during food processing, storage and cooking. As a result B1 deficiency is something that is very common and a real problem to address. It can (and will) lead to circulation problems (ie cold hands and feet) memory loss and retention problems, foggy mind and a major contributor to fatigue. I know that I've been deficient for a long time as I'm at a point where my limbs are feeling like they're burning, but not from exercise, my nails are blue and I get strong pain.

It can be curbed with some modifications to diet, Nutritional Yeast is amazing for B1 intake and is relatively cheap to add in. Fortunately Vegemite and Marmite are massively loaded with B1 and very cheap to add to diet. Basically spread it over rice cakes and its both delicious and exceptionally good for you.

Next up are trace minerals.

Iodine is something that is dangerously low in modern diet and is hard to get. Bascially farming practices don't put it in the soil so it doesn't end up in the food. To curb this, iodised sea salt is amazing to add to any diet. Additionally, Kelp is one of the best things for any diet. Not just for iodine, but for other important trace minerals like copper. These minerals reportedly help to fight tumors and cancerous growths, along with creating a system that will lower your body from attacking your hair (reducing balding). Reportedly, Japan has very low cases of breast and ovarian cancers as a result in the iodine in the diet.

Next time your looking at your diet, it pays to analyze and see what mineral content you are getting, as they are vital to a healthy system.

My weight has increased back around 5-6kg after i stop exercises for almost 5 months.

I became very unhealthy for many months (since my GF moved to live with me! lol), eat a lot, no exercises, sleep very late (stay up to 2-4am).

I post here today to mark today is the first day of my next 6 months non stop exercises routine again (i probably will get marriaged next year and have a wedding dinner, so it is time to make myself fit again :p )

Go Go Go!!!!!!!!
Nice! Finding that balance with a partner can be rough to start, but putting your health first is important. Generally creates a healthy environment and relationship too.

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
It's a worldwide thing I believe. Some nations like South Africa have mandated that all table salt have iodine content and the Swiss have been increasing the dosage recommendations as studies have shown the impact it has on the body.

Even with the iodine added there are still many cases of iodine deficiencies, WHO report from 04 stated that the United States has an increased risk of developing hypothyroidism from low iodine. Pregnant women especially need to make sure they are getting enough iodine, as producing breast milk can deplete her iodine.

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
The video explains it as 2 teaspoons per cup of water, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to make it more palatable. Do this 3 times a day before meals.

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Want whiter teeth? Get your k2 and D3 yo.

It's a long talk, but there is so much discussion in the medical world about the usages of D3 and K2, it will strengthen your bones by transporting calcium properly. Without it, high doses of calcium will only lead to your body becoming stiff in later ages.

If you get enough D3 and K2, it will get the calcium moving, will whiten your teeth, preventing buildup (and reminerelization), prevent cavites and lead to strong bones.

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
@snickothemule, I think I'm definitely noticing an improvement with apple cider vinegar. I haven't been too regular w/ it though and have missed drinking a glass or two. Either way I've dropped a lot of weight and while it didn't feel like it to me I've received lots of compliments. It seems the apple cider vinegar is accelerating my weight loss.

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
@snickothemule, I think I'm definitely noticing an improvement with apple cider vinegar. I haven't been too regular w/ it though and have missed drinking a glass or two. Either way I've dropped a lot of weight and while it didn't feel like it to me I've received lots of compliments. It seems the apple cider vinegar is accelerating my weight loss.
That's fantastic dude, the intake your doing is probably all your need right now.

It's such an ancient remedy that is somehow used everywhere, but never openly talked about, at least in my circles. I've definitely noticed improvements since starting it and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Best part is, its such a low cost addition to the food budget, yet has so many positive run on effects.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
That's fantastic dude, the intake your doing is probably all your need right now.

It's such an ancient remedy that is somehow used everywhere, but never openly talked about, at least in my circles. I've definitely noticed improvements since starting it and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Best part is, its such a low cost addition to the food budget, yet has so many positive run on effects.
Most of the time i found that more natural solutions are better whenever possible/applicable. I'm not using it as treatment or anything but i do have my fair share of apple cyder vinegar as i mainly use that for my salads for food :p.

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,885 Posts
The video explains it as 2 teaspoons per cup of water, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to make it more palatable. Do this 3 times a day before meals.

Add in cayenne peppers and you have the eating disorder favourite - the "master cleanse".
The real secret to the mc is abstaining from food but gimmicks appeal.

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I'm going off protein powders to see what it does for my skin. I think I've become so addicted to them and I've used them for so long that I've forgotten the potential side effects in what it does to sebum and keratin production. Some people are lucky in that they don't have any ill effects, I don't think I'm one of those people.

Consequently, I'm going to increase my general food intake to compensate, I'm loving my breakfast with 4 eggs, spinach and avocado omelette with pink salt. Essentially getting proteins, fats and potassium in a good dose for the morning with enough electrolytes to get my day started well.

Additionally my pant size has gone down to a size 32 which for me is unbelievable. Just spent the weekend throwing out old clothes and found my first ever suit, they were size 44-46. Pretty happy to see them go.

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Alright fam if you aren't already I highly recommend that you add sardines to your diet.

Yeah bruh, sardines, those tiny ass fish in tin cans are amongst the best foods that your body needs, especially if you're the type who never exposes yourself to sunlight. One of those little tins has enough vitamin d to cover about 60% of your rdi, 35% calcium, under 10% for other things like zinc, copper, just shy of 70% for selenium (good for healing wounds) seriously, add it to your diet. I recommend getting the type that sits in olive oil, as the benefits the oil contains are off the charts.

The taste is pretty good too, you'd expect that the smell would be horrid but it's really not, those little cooked fish are something else and its no wonder why the northern countries eat them all the time to keep them healthy.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Yep Snicko anybody that cares a bit about their health should know the benefits of Omega 3.

I started taking a gel a day a couple of days ago, it even helps your lungs against bad coughs.

And I eat Salmon when I can, is expensive here but I treat myself once in a while.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Sadly I can't be sure of that, I'm pretty sure it is imported. My country's fishing is not that varied.

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Zinc deficiency.

I've been wondering about my zinc levels for quite some time, however going through due process to identify what minerals I'm deficient in takes time and I need to see the effects of any dietary changes that I make, one thing at a time. I know I am exhibiting signs of calcium, so I increased intake and the issues have decreased slightly. Shaking hands I fixed with making my gut and blood more acidic, cramps I'm fixing with magnesium.

I thought that my acne was a result of low vitamin a (retinol) but that is only one part of the equation, zinc has such a major role in the body and hormones. Skin, hair, mental attention, sexuality, gut and digestion, the role is diverse and widespread.

The zinc taste test is a simple procedure to determine roughly how your body is performing. By placing zinc sulphate in purified water and holding it in your mouth for around 10 seconds, your reaction then determines how well off or deficient you are.

http://www.clinicians.co.nz/zinc-taste-testing/

The defined standards are: Grade one response: no specific taste sensation: tastes like plain water. This indicates a major deficiency of zinc requiring a supplement of at least 15 milligrammes (mg) of zinc per day for an adult.

Grade two response: no immediate taste is noticed but, within the ten seconds of the test, a `dry' or `metallic' taste is experienced. This indicates a moderate deficiency requiring a supplement of 10 mg of zinc per day for an adult.

Grade three response: an immediate slight taste is noted, which increases with time over the ten second period. This indicates a deficiency of minor degree requiring a supplement of 5 mg of zinc per day for an adult .
I fell into the grade one response, no taste whatsoever signalling major deficiency.

Boys, I couldn't be happier!

This is something that I've needed to know for so long, only with time off to let my mind settle off work has given me the opportunity to focus on what I need to do, and to come to this conclusion means I can act on it and get my levels right. In time, I should feel quite different.

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Been on a cut since returning to training this year, after 14 days I've managed to get down from 104 fasted in the morning to 101 fasted in the morning. This is primarily due to diet intake, my basic metabolic rate is 2350-2400 calories, however calculating my intake I'm hovering between 1600-2000 calories. Running on 80% of what I need is tough, however dropping 3kg this quickly is interesting. It's coming off faster than my cut last year and I am considerably stronger than this time last year.

Initially I thought I'd keep this to a 6 week minimum, but I think I'll try and stretch it out to 10. I need to get rid of the belly fat around my navel and lower back, it's been there for so long and I'm not comfortable with it sitting there, not only from an aesthetic point of view, but from a stress point of view.

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Bruh's, a very prudent video about microbiome, food studies, quality of meats (why you should and should not eat it) births and lifetime health, understanding human history of food, inflammation due to food type consumption, treating cancer with ketogentic diets, mang a good discussion about what to look for in formulating a diet.

I definitely recommend listening to it.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts