Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another question :) For you, which was/is the hardest boss you've ever faced on a game? Not only the last boss but any of them which was HARD AS HELL to beat.

I'll stick with "The Profound Darkness", the last boss from Phantasy Star 4

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Billy Kane was even harder than Geese on the 1st fatal fury...

And yes, Shin Akuma is REALLY hard!

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Omegainf
Another question :) For you, which was/is the hardest boss you've ever faced on a game? Not only the last boss but any of them which was HARD AS HELL to beat.

I'll stick with "The Profound Darkness", the last boss from Phantasy Star 4
I never had too much problem with the Profound Darkness... but one that was really tought for me was the last boss for "Lufia & the Fortress of Doom", I think his name was "Guard Daos".

[]s Badaro

PS: Shouldn't this thread be on off-topic?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I thought the Profound Darkness was pretty easy too. The one boss that I did find hard in an RPG was Adel from FF8 when he/she had Rionna strapped around his/her chest. I spent the entire game summoning GFs then when I faced Adel I couldn't use them or I'd kill Rionna, so I had to use my toothpick weapons. Took me several tries to beat her/him. I say her/him because they call Adel a sorceress in the game yet the character looks a lot like a man in a dress. For fighting games I'd have to say Thanos from the orignal Marvel Super Heroes, and the final boss of Samurai Showdown 2 Amakusa or however it's spelled, I thought those characters were pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Thanos from Marvel Super Heroes was eeeeeeeasy.. Atleast for me he is.. Actually, most fighting game bosses are easy.. Most rpg bosses aren't that hard either if you are at the proper levels and are properly equipped...

As for the hardest boss ever... The last boss in Super Puzzle Fighter 2 turbo.. hehe.. Not Dan..

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
sure, Geese Howard was hard to beat on Fatal Fury, but I think he was even cheaper as a last boss on Art of Fighting 2 (which supposedly takes place right before Jeff Bogard's death - Geese had long hair back then !!! :D )

...as for RPGs ...hmmm...I'll have to give it some more thought..

S

·
0 Posts
Minax from Ultima 2. Get to her, in the final castle, at the end of time, and you'll see what I mean.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well one of the hardest was the cyber demon in the original doom. I wasn't as good at FPS back then (my strafing sucked)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Fighting game bosses can be hard, it all depends on what difficulty setting the arcade has it set on. The arcades I went to wanted to get people to use more quarters or something and turned all the games up to max difficulty :) They are easy on the default level on emulators such as kawaks etc though. I guess it also seemed harder before than it does now that I play it on kawaks since in arcades you had to battle slightly broken buttons and stuff. As for Adel I know of a lot of people who had to load an earlier game and gather items to put together better weapons, which can be very hard without a walkthru. Personally I hated FF8's weapon upgrade system.

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the first time I fought "The Profound Darkness" was a REALLY dramatic battle :) I still remember the last blow... Only Chaz and Wren were alive with minimum hp and no healing items, one more MEGID would kill them. Then I used my last crosscut as a desperate blow... AND THE SCREEN STARTED SHAKING!!! WOHOOOOOO!!!! PD was defeated! :) I threw my gamepad up in the air, tears rolled down my eyes while I was jumping, screaming, laughing... Then I sat down and watched the wonderful ending...

I think the last boss from Samurai Shodown 3 was the hardest one of the series....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I can't really remember any particularly hard bosses, but I know what the easiest boss for me was: The final form of the Nightmare thing at the end of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the GB. I had the boomerang, so all I had to do was wait for his eye to open then hit him once with it. Sheesh.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
usually, there isn't a hardest boss for me, as I always made sure I was well leveled up and got the best weapons possible before I set out to meet a boss. However, I met my match in....KUJA???? yes, that's right, Kuja.... but it's because I was beating 12 hours to get Excalibur II for Steiner then, so I didn't have much time to level up nor get money for potions. Suffice to say, it took me a LOT of tries before I got the timing right to beat him. :p

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Oh My Gawd. F-ing Carnage from Maximum Carnage! That BATARD took me forever to beat!

Then Ozma from FF9. Oy . . .

Then the last bosses in the MegaMan X games . . . but only the first few times ;)

Then the WEAPONs from FF7 and 8, in this order - Omega, Ruby, Emerald and Ultimate (8).

Also Ganon from Zelda: ALttP.

BATARDS, all of them!!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
For those of you playing Neo-Geo games, try Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle..... King Lion has to be the CHEAPEST fighting game boss out there..... worse than Shin Akuma, worse than Cyber Gouki, worse than anything I've ever seen before. :p

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Moving to off-topic...

Hardest boss? Can't really think of a particular one. Hidden bosses in various games would be my vote.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts