Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I heard every other racer was supposed to be the GT killer.
I have yet to see one succeed :p

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not really what other racing cars were even near to GT? maybe Toca 2 but thats it. Anyway Forza does look cool but it doesnt have such good physics as enthusia!

S

·
0 Posts
well, I have my personal favourites, but I'm pretty sure that Race Driver 2 wasn't quite as popular as GT ;)
I was talking in general here; how the games actually did in terms of popularity....not my personal preferences (that would be LFS)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thing is, looking at enthusia physics engine, looks like it will even beat LFS's engine. Plus combined with those graphics = GT killer ;)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looks better actually. Jus check the trailler i posted. It shows the physics engine

S

·
0 Posts
better than LFS' physics engine?
hmm....it's possible, but...ok, I'll have to see that movie ;)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
... can't believe you didnt saw it yet. ITS A MUST lol

·
Irregular User
3,186 Posts
hmmm, nice graphics, but i cant really see much any difference between this and LFS physics engine...mebbe i need to play it to make sure.
LFS is in constant development anyway, their improving it over time specially the S2 version is on the works...

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well if you can't see much diference then it already makes it better :p Why? Simple, more cars, more tracks, more modes, better graphics ;) I'm really looking forward to this one.

S

·
0 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
... can't believe you didnt saw it yet. ITS A MUST lol
did now, and yup, it does look good....
hmm...and that voice talking...same dude as in Gradius Gaiden ;)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
ViperXtreme didnt see anything about a PC port :(

Btw anyone knows a release date?

S

·
0 Posts
I doubt a PC port...is there even an XBox version in the works? (if so, it will be more likely).

Now on to the nitpicking....
you can tell the difference in the movie that in both cases the real car reacts more 'violent'; the drifting on the ps2 is 'one line'; perfect. Still, it is quite close ;)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
yeah... such good 'thing' don't happen to PC, anyway not often... baside... look at PS2 to PC ports... most of it -> little crappy...

S

·
0 Posts
well, compared to the original versions AND pc-original games, they usually fall a little short yeah. And then there's the case of simply bad porting.

That steering wheel they use for the PS2 in that movie is awesome; I'd like something like it.
The best thing in the movie is that car though (mazda mx-5/miata); I want one! ;)

But in november that new small ps2 is coming..maybe a good time to do some early holiday shopping? ;)

21 - 40 of 52 Posts