Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some(if not most) of you know, Cartoon Network has been host to some of the best, and most of the worst cartoon shows on the planet. Well, one stands out as being one of the last "true" cartoons; and stands out as being the last true cartoon to really ever exist. That show my friends is "Ed, Edd and Eddy."

Well ever since this show debuted way back when religion-inspired-planes crashed into towers on the eastern seaboard of North America, I've been quite the fan of it.

Well the sad tale is that the show was cancelled before it even finished its 6th season. It never had a true ending; Cartoon Network and Danny Antonucci decided on showing the "last" episode during the "Best Day Edder" special just a few years back and the show was considered finished.

Well, the animation studio wasn't quite done as the funds and forwarding of the 6th season was still vaild, so a deal with Cartoon Network stood available. The deal was to make one more movie with the big reveal everyone has always wanted to see (AND I'M NOT SPOILING IT). The movie was finally completed just this past march and has been commercialized and stamped with the CN logo for broadcasting, however it has yet to air. Despite this, you can find a rip of the movie around the internet with a little work.

Enjoy and I hope you enjoy the true end to one of the greatest cartoons in animation history. ;)

·
Mhm.
2,390 Posts
This used to be in my cartoon line-up years and years ago. one of the best shows. I had that, Cow and Chicken, Dexters Lab, and a few others. Were the best shows to be made in my opinion. these new kids shows are crap. Honestly. The shows these kids are watching are dumbing them down worse than the old shows of pointless violence and stupidityoO

·
You're already dead...
10,293 Posts
i liked The Angry Beavers, Invader Zim, Dexter's Lab, Ah real monsters, and old SpongeBob episodes (starting around the year 2006~2007, they totally changed the comedy style, and its now mediocre).

Ed, Edd, and Eddy was also pretty good.
The new cartoons they have now are total fail though.
They're not even watchable... I don't understand why its gotten 'worse' instead of 'better'.

·
ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Cow and Cicken; Ed, Edd and Eddy; where big time fail for me never liked them in the slightest, Dexter Lab was mediocre, Johnny Bravo now that i found funny i admit, Billy and Mandy wasnt bad either i liked that to, but except for those two i'm more of a classical when it comes to western cartoons i enjoy more the classics like Tom & Jerry, Looney Toons, Flinstones & Top Cat, ah i also liked the new Duck Dogers XD.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
O yes, that lazy animation style is something to be admired indeed....NOT...

·
You're already dead...
10,293 Posts
O yes, that lazy animation style is something to be admired indeed....NOT...
i agree that the animation style is not 'great' and took some getting used to.
but it does give the show a unique style.

Home Movies also does a similar crappy-animation style. But that show's content is so awesome it makes up for it.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Real life shows differentiate themselves from other real life shows by their content and their stories....why do cartoons have to be different? why is it ok, to not bother drawing the hands right and giving them perfectly rectangular fingers, or square heads or other really messed up and just plain lazy animation mistakes which get heralded as the show's own unique style?
That whole mess people call cartoons these days is the reason why I prefer anime, sure their eyes are all too big and and a few other things are not that realistic as well, but otherwise it's clean and impressive artwork usually woven around an interesting story or great humour which defferentiates from the other impressive artwork that exists in that genre.

60s to early 90s cartoons where people actually bothered drawing things right, sure no problem...I love those...gime those old ones any day they are just as good and some even better than anime.....but I don't like this new trend where people just don't bother drawing a lot of things right.

·
|> |_ /\ |\| |
3,977 Posts
You don't get the real concept of cartoons at all. Cartoons are for fun, which can be achieved only by making the characters look funny (along with intelligent/random jokes of course). Same goes for Anime too. They can't make it look funny unless they mess with the faces and the rest of the body.

No one tries to make things more realistic here. It's not hard. It's just pointless.

·
Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well honestly I knew most of you wouldn't understand.

The fact is that sometimes you have to look beyond what is right in front of you. I agree though that Ed Edd and Eddy doesn't have the best artwork but... in my opinion does have the best animation. Some things... in that show just seem almost impossible to animate not to mention how brilliant some of the writing is.

Basically, Ed Edd and Eddy is all about remembering when you were a kid. Exploring, being part of the community; liked or unliked...

and some things in this show are just... disturbing. All in all though; it's my favorite. It's one of the only cartoon shows in existence that actually started pure hand-drawn and then became digital(spongebob is considered the last show to do this).

Honestly, some anime I can't stand. I get tired of re-hashed storylines re-hashed artwork over and over and over again. It eventually loses what makes it animation and it finally becomes a product. No animation should ever cross that boundary.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
So you're saying a show has to be bad to be good?

·
Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So you're saying a show has to be bad to be good?
If by bad you mean original, then yes. Not everything has to be perfectly proportinate to be amazing. It's called stylizing.

...honestly could you imagine this show with the same plots, characters, writing and voices if it was an anime? I think I might throw up.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Once again...real life can't do that so why do Cartoons have to resort to it?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.