Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
The Captain said:
Wait just a sec Boltzmann. You're saying that men and women think in the same way? :rotflmao:
Nope, I’m saying there’re a lot of differences, but we still share the basic cognitive architecture. It’s not like we’re members of different species, you know :p

The differences between men and women can be found in certain key areas, mostly related to evolutionary fitness landscapes. For instance, our mate-seeking mechanisms differ, but our intuitive economics are the same.

It’s all readily explained by evolutionary theory. Check out the link I provided in my previous post.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Sorry Boltz, but not even science has an answer for this one ;)
You may be able to point out evidence as to why woman and men act as they do, but it does not help in the realm of building relationships.

Introducing a new scientific approach to love! It's the Love-o-meter! This technological wonder is programmed to respond to any neurological response of the female / male persuation! Simply type in the apparent stimulous or response, and the Love-O-Meter will guide you in the precise method of mate seeking.

"Love-o-Meter...Female student has responded to approach with emotions of anger"
[Love-O-Meter] "Bzzt...Proceed to stimulate female regions as shown on panel to trigger response"
"I've just been kicked in the groin!"
[Love-O-Meter] "Bzzt...Female has responded to your stimulous by returning stimulous. Arousal should occur.
"She is kicking me on the ground, and slapped me in the face..wait...she just spit at me!"
[Love-O-Meter] "Bzzt...Ideal arousal has been achieved by female. Proceed to procreation instructions...Bzzt....Thank you for using Love-O-Meter]

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Dark Watcher said:
Sorry Boltz, but not even science has an answer for this one ;)
You may be able to point out evidence as to why woman and men act as they do, but it does not help in the realm of building relationships.
Science is usually a good way of destroying your chances in any relationship.

Try coming up to a woman and saying: "Did you know that sex differences (sexual dimorphisms and dichotomies) all come from size differences in the gametes?"
99% she'll kick you out of sight :p

(BTW, my GF is different. I can talk to her about all this stuff and she seems to never get bored :p )

The fact remains that differences between men and women (or, more generally, males and female) are explained by evolutionary theory. Trying to extend this to relationships is bounded to fail, though. In fact, it would be wrong, as you'd be conflating proximate and ultimate causes of behavior ;)

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Dark Watcher said:
Sounds like you lucked out Boltz....Better keep her happy. She is a rarity indeed
It's no wonder that I'd to wait until I was 22 before getting my first GF :lol:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
hnayoung said:
seriously Dark Watcher is the man. I still remember this one post of his called, "Dark Watcher's Views On Teen Relationships" It was brilliant.

salam_azad, girls play games all the time man. They love attention but more often than not, they like attention in which they did something to get it, not free attention that some guys just keep pouring out. Anyways, if I were you I'd just do whatever your gut tells you to do. You have to be yourself or else you will never have a chance to have a meaningful relationship with any girl. And, like Dark Watcher's puppy story, don't chase her. There's an eastern philosophy that everything needs to be in balance for things to work out. So, to apply that to your situation, don't constantly chase her, but don't totally block her out and ignore her. I hate to use this analogy but it works well, it's like fishing. You have to bait your hook and then cast and reel, cast and reel. That's the only way you'll ever catch a fish and the same goes with the girls. Give her something she wants (i.e. attention), then just be normal and be yourself (and I'm sure yourself is not someone who gives attention freely and constantly to everyone). Hope this all helps...I can understand what your going through man...I think it happens to all guys one time in their lives.
thanks for this nice post , you and Dark watcher says only wise words :)
yea and about you say Give her attention, she have actually done the same with me, in the begin of this year nearly half of the class were new students, and after i talked to the most of the guys and girls, she gave me attention and speaks nice when I talked to her, maby that could me a reaseon that made me love her..:wub:

Yours,

41 - 46 of 46 Posts