Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nVidia has once again gone backwards into the 6 series to give us yet another card- The GeForce 6800 GS. Here is the eVGA version product specifications. It seems Nvidia is creating more budget cards to satisfy the needs of gamers at lower prices. Good idea if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
fivefeet8 said:
The 6800gs will likely replace the current 6800gt cards. It has practically the same performance for less money. And it pretty much is a better buy than anything else at $200-$250. Also seems to overclock quite nicely too. ;)
just answered my question there :p ....but how big of a difference???? the 6800GTs are close to 250 anyways

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
The 1600 got decimated o_o, especially for that price tag. Nvidia is really hitting hard with this little tricks up their sleeves they had stored away just for ati's next generation.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Kirby said:
just answered my question there :p ....but how big of a difference???? the 6800GTs are close to 250 anyways
The 6800gs is at most less than 5% slower than the 6800gt, but costs $50 less(newegg is selling one for $209 right now). It's also been stated that Nvidia will be fazing out all the 6800 series except the 6800gs as they are readying their 7600 parts.

Also, it's been confirmed that the new 6800gs uses the same PCB as Nvidia's new 7600 cards. This way it makes it easier for AIB partners to quickly produce both cards.

Katsuya said:
Will it have an AGP version?
Not likely. It's time to move on if you're in the market for a new video card.

Reichfuher said:
The 1600 got decimated o_o, especially for that price tag. Nvidia is really hitting hard with this little tricks up their sleeves they had stored away just for ati's next generation.
The x1600xt was decimated before the 6800gs anyways. ;)

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
very good then.....

If 7800GTs don't get down by end of christmas, then I guess this will be my choice now :)

but I did notice that 6800GT has 16 pipes and the 6800GS only 12...or does that hardly make any difference anymore?

·
War Games coder
1,927 Posts
Kirby said:
If 7800GTs don't get down by end of christmas, then I guess this will be my choice now :)
What happened to your 7900?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.