Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday, after finishing NFSu2 for the second time last thursday, I decided to go pick up MGS3. I've been a crazy gamer all throughout my life, but i don't really do the kind of gaming I did when i was a bit younger (read not sleeping for 4 days to finish a game :p). Nowadays I usually finish a new game once a week. Okay, so it's not "slow" but it's not hardcore either. I thought I've gone pass the "no eating, sleeping, no stop playing phase". So I started playing MGS3 friday night. I was pissed off at the first few minutes of gameplay coz I havent played MGS in so long. After about an hour to simmer down, I restarted the game on normal, and started playing... and playing and playing and playing... until it was 6am in saturday. But I just couldn't for the life of me stop. I went to the fridge got some food, but went on playing.. then it was afternoon, got something to eat, continued playing. Note that i haven't slept for 24 hours now but I still kept going on playing until it was sunday, noon and finally finished the game. I thought I was getting too old for the gaming game. Guess I was wrong.

Ohh if you're interested I ended up killing 520 people :heh: on the first try :lol: with the Shark title :lol:

Now... I'm off to Prince of Persia :p

S

·
0 Posts
Funny coincidence: I did the same with its predecessor (MGS2) last weekend because I wanted to have played it PROPERLY(*) before I was going to get MGS3 (allthough I still have to wait for the PAL version). :p

*I played it before almost to the end but lost the savegame then

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I had simmilar thing with MGS2 (finished it about 4 weeks ago in one long play :D - story of course, not the vr missions)

and Need for speed undergound 2 -> ... from friday 7 pm till... almost the end (about saturday 3 pm ;) ) 'couse there was party at my firends house :) I couldn't just not be there :D

·
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a full-time job 9-5 M-F :evil::evil::evil: I usually only get 3-4 hours sleep everyday though :heh:

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Xeven said:
I usually only get 3-4 hours sleep everyday though :heh:
Less sleep, more gaming. I'm totally addicted to World of Warcraft and can't get my eyes off WoW message boards DESPITE the fact I can't even play it yet. I've got the shakes real bad. I can't even listen to my soundtrack yet. :( :( :( :(

I NEED YOU WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can never get too old for gaming. But it can get creepy. But hey, as long as there aren't any little girls running around spitting strawberries out of their mouth as they whistle "Sweet Dixie Louisiana," it's all cool, right? Right? :heh:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I've got a full time job too :D also I have studies on weekends (not all, but always), so I got about 4 hours of sleep everyday... + purchase of PS2 is very very very close :D damn what then? totaly lack of sleep, 'couse there are so many titles that I've missed for those... 4 year, that's gonna be hard'n'happy time ;)

·
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good luck to you man, hope you don't die on us :heh:

You can never get too old for gaming. But it can get creepy. But hey, as long as there aren't any little girls running around spitting strawberries out of their mouth as they whistle "Sweet Dixie Louisiana," it's all cool, right? Right? :heh:
i guess :heh::heh::heh: I had a weird dream about Rapunzel on the Phantom Isle about a month ago though.. must be a sign :heh:

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Xeven said:
I have a full-time job 9-5 M-F :evil::evil::evil: I usually only get 3-4 hours sleep everyday though :heh:
I have a half-time job 7-2, University 4-8 and a crapload of fantasy books and a couple of dating sims to play... I usually get no more than 4 hours of sleep everyday (no more, no less) ;)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Xeven said:
good luck to you man, hope you don't die on us :heh:
hehe thx, but remamber, when I'll stop posting, than that will be a "sign" :innocent: :evil:

EDIT: like this 999 (post);)

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
:( We miss those days....
Lately we have had games piling up waiting to be conquered. It's hard now that we have to juggle full time work, part time school, and a full time wife..hahaha.

We are weird about gaming as well...Would you believe we put MGS2 down because we felt we didn't properly conquer Metal Gear 2 for MSX?

There is still hope for us though...We managed to conquer Def Jam:Fight for NY over the Thanksgiving break....Fabulous game BTW...even if you hate hip hop culture

S

·
0 Posts
Dark Watcher said:
We are weird about gaming as well...Would you believe we put MGS2 down because we felt we didn't properly conquer Metal Gear 2 for MSX?
I don't think that's odd. I never finished the first Splinter Cell so I didn't pick up Pandora Tomorrow...probably won't until I finish the first game (allthough I've finished the Nokia 3510i version :D )

·
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I also have this weird habbit of starting a game for example, then I just stop. Then get another game and finish that game. After that, I go back to the game I didn't finish and finish it. Then I'll be happy :lol: Kinda live GTA:SA right now, I started playing but then stopped and did Ratchet UYA first, started NFSU2, finished Ratchet, finished NFSU2, started AND finished MGS3. Started Prince of Persia, but currently trying to finish BloodRayne 2 :heh:. After that I'll go back to GTASA. It's a mess, but you get what I'm saying :heh::heh::heh:

S

·
0 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm maybe worse :heh: ...I am about 90% of NFSU1, halfway part 2, and at ~60% of Race Driver 2, and never finished Race Driver 1..... Also, finished Sonic Adventure 1 on DC, then started with 2, but stopped, finished Sonic Adventure again, this time on PC (DX version).... I also am at disk 3 of Shenmue 1 ;P ..and then there's more...much more :heh:

·
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah baby, yeah! :heh::heh::heh: I wonder what the electric bill would be if we lived in the same house eh Sam? :heh: Better yet, if 10 of us lived together! Oo

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Samor said:
I also am at disk 3 of Shenmue 1 ;P
Infidel!

The only games I can't finish nowadays (meaning, I start them but then never touch them again) are RPGs... other than that the little I play I finish eventually...

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Having a full-time job and a GF takes up a lot of your free time. I haven't been able to finish a lot of games lately :(

BTW, since I saw you guys speaking of Metal Gear Solid 2 for the MSX, I remembered this hilarious guide I've read a while ago. It can be found here , and it's way too funny. It's really worth reading...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts