Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering if anyone had played the game and what effect HT was used for. I think the addition of multi threading is because of the Xbox 360 development time but I could be wrong. Also I’ve never played a Call of Duty game so I don’t know much about them. (Some kind of First person shooter game I think)

If anyone has played them both (PC and 360 versions) could you give a comparison?

-data-

Recommended System Requirements
System: Intel Pentium 4 540 3.2Ghz w/ Hyper Threading and 1MB cache or equivalent
RAM: 1024 MB
Video Memory: 256 MB
Hard Drive Space: 80 GB
Other: 256MB GeForce 6800 PCI-Express, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS or X-FI

-data-

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Wow look at those specs, I know it's recommended but still.... btw, are you sure it shouldn't be 80GB ? :)

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
Woah.. got this game yesterday... and this game kicks ass. The first one was pretty good also, but this one just doubles the fun. Here is the Review & screens from gamespot.

The one thing i love bout this one is during some levels the amount of enemies can become very overwhelming (especially on the harder difficulty), and it really does a great job of capturing the feel of bunch of soldiers defending their line against an advancing enemy or another scenario for that matter.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Ooh, multithreading. I'll have to give it a try and compare with and without HT.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I played the demo. It runs very well for me on max settings, (DX9 path with SM3 1024x768 with 4xAA 8xAF) (FPS: MAX-79 MIN-55) I was rather surprised with that after reading how others here had problems. Not to mention looking at the somewhat intimidating recommended system requirements.

The visuals of the game are ok, but not what I consider next-gen. in fact with a little bit of time and effort this could be ported to the current generation of systems and still have relatively similar graphic quality. Especially if it only has to run at 30fps (as I recall, that is what it will be at on 360 anyway.)

Gameplay is what you expect from a shooter game. Nothing new (at lest not from the demo)

Sound is respectable. (I used both normal stereo and EAX 3.0)

Overall, it was ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.