Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey i was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to what the current playability of Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn is like. Does one play much better than the other? How well are they running in the newest revision? Saves work?

Had a search around, but seemed to be a little outdated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My PoR is somewhat stable, random crashes atleast in chapters 15 up, videos dont work properly. Playable, but wouldnt say perfect.

EDIT: Oh yeah, test Rev. 3402
EDIT 2: Rev 3661 SEEMS to be more stable, haven't tried it out that much. I don't know if it's just me or is there some "stuttering" (not frame drops) in some scenes that wasn't there before... I'll try different settings and see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, that's the first time I post here even if I'm registered for a long time now ^^
I checked regularly this forum in search for help or interesting news concerning emulation, always finding what I needed, but this time I'm "stuck" and can't find a solution to my problem.
There is few topics concerning FE Radiant Dawn, I didn't want to create a new topic for a simple question, so I, in some way, resurrected this one (don't hesitate to indicate me if it was an mistake).

So, I use Dolphin to play Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn, the fps is good, as the major part of the graphics, but when a caster class or an archer (or when a character opens a chest) hits his target, the screen goes black, letting only appears health bar and damages done. The same happens when I disable battle animation. Then, once the strike is done, it returns to normal.

I used different combinations of options ( config/graphics), and the most stable (and with correct graphics and sound) build I found so far is SVN 3896. I tried several others but dolphin-emu.com seems to not host previous builds anymore (and is currently down, as its forum). Anyway, whatever the build/options I use I cannot get rid of this glith, that seems related to heavy special effects.

Thank you for reading. Hoping you could help me.

PS : As you surely noticed, english isn't my native language, I hope you understood me well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've no problem with graphic in radiant dawn. It runs really fast and with no graphical glitches (if you have setted "off" the bilinear/trilinear filter).

The only problem that I seen concerns the sound effects in game. In fact, they work for about 1-2 minutes for the first fight and then they disappear. Have you noticed the same problem or you can hear all the effects without problems?

Ah, i'm using the lastest SVN: 3976

·
Registered
454 Posts
@Truc: I solved that problem long ago, right in the first 1xxx revs. I don't exactly now what to do now, since the settings have changed (before you had to apply the "hack before r945"), but I think it was "translated" as the "Copy texture to OGL" thing now. At least it works for me like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the last release (4460) still sound problem.. hpaaened sometimes

and .. anyone can help me how to use these cheat codes on Dolphin set? cause i had tried it as same Dolphin configuration set in wii console (4:3 and English )

My Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn of country is PAL (EUROPE)
GameID is RFEP01
these codes used only for PAL ... but no working for me .. >_<" 囧rz what's wrong?
so .. anyone can help me how make it ...or some other better code . thx :D

the original Codes come from the WiiRd Community forum :
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn RFEP01 [EUR - PAL]

i want Exp ...
[ActionReplay]
$All Characters 99Exp
088BB6CF 00000063
003203F0 00000000
$Inf BONUS EXP Part 1 (at Base)
043C34FC 49999000
$9999999 Gold Part 1
043C34F0 0098967F
these code ... after i tested ..
$9999999 Gold and $Inf BONUS EXP Part 1 (both at Base) work perfect on Dolphin .. well done!!
so .. no increse Exp after batter code ... just wait for the end of part 1 of Chapter 3 get in Base to enforce cheat codes ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.