Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A curse on that film, a curse on it!! It's got me all inspired!

This thread had a few comments that got me thinking, 'ahar one last dip at this legendary game until I retire it' (until I get the urge again).

I tried replaying it early this year / end of last year, but alas Real Life (tm) consumed me!

Come join me on this 3 disc adventure that remains an eternal classic:

Here we go again.....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Square would be stupid not to remake it; it is a guranteed hit. And all they have to do is redo the graphics. In fact, I hope all they do is redo the graphics.

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have started :evil:

Attached:
First Save (Before very first Boss) - 5h 22m GameTime!
So okay levelling up at 300-550 FPS 'may' be called cheating :p
Some pictures taken with Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7.

Cloud:
Buster Sword | Bronze Bangle
Level: 15 HP: 552 MP: 117 STR: 30 Limit Level: 2 (Though I do have the first Lv3 Limit Meteorain!)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
hey, what a coincidence! on my GT4 breaks when i want some "easy" playing, i've been playing FF7. let's see where am i...a couple days ago i passed the don corneo/sewer scene. here are some screenshots from the last few hours i've played.

i've beaten this game so many times that i just take it easy, it's kind of relaxing. one thing i love about FF7 is that you never have to stop to level up!

this game is immensely more interesting because this is my first time playing it in a long time...and now that i can understand a lot of signs, the game is pretty damn funny. for example, check out the doors on the honey bee inn....it basically says "girls girls" on the door. but on the workout place it says "men men men" on teh sign :p

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
Oh, and which reminds me of something. I play FF7 on my PS2 this time and there is one problem. Each time I've been through the game (on PSX and ePSXe) after beating Diamond Weapon, Ruby appeared at the badlands of Gold Saucer. This time it didn't and what's more there's no sign of it even on disc three... And yes, the Ultima has also been defeated. What's going on? Or maybe I scared it away? :D

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
I may want to replay it aswell for the 6th time sometime soon. :D
But thats nothing, Im sure my hardcore FF7 friend is going to play his 15th time after watching Advent Children as well. Or atleast, Last I heard 3 years ago he stopped at 14 times. :D

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Hyuga said:
Oh, and which reminds me of something. I play FF7 on my PS2 this time and there is one problem. Each time I've been through the game (on PSX and ePSXe) after beating Diamond Weapon, Ruby appeared at the badlands of Gold Saucer. This time it didn't and what's more there's no sign of it even on disc three... And yes, the Ultima has also been defeated. What's going on? Or maybe I scared it away? :D
did you beat ultimate weapon..?

·
Registered
212 Posts
dont have that for the psx :(

have it for the pc thou :D

/me smiles

winxp fix + chocobo, hopefully works, either that or i will try on nix, with dx emu :D

for those that have watche the film, see the scene with cloud + zack, up ontop of the mountain, theirs asecret their, in the game, and it plays out, well a LOT differently from the film .... see if u can find it :D when im up to that part, i will a screenie if u like

oh yer, for the pc, its 4 disks, 3 game, 1 install, doesnt sound as nice, now i dont have a creaf card for soundfonts :( doesnt recognize my gf 6600 either as supported fs!

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Attached:
Second Save (Just snuck out of Aeris's House) - 11h 07m GameTime!
Some more pictures taken with Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7 as I have progressed through various areas..

Cloud:
Buster Sword | Titan Bangle
Level: 20 HP: 743 MP: 153 STR: 36 Limit Level: 2 (Though I do have the first Lv3 Limit Meteorain!)
Ice Lv2 / Bolt Lv2!

1 - 20 of 265 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.